+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Material - TCF/TEF

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
I started with self study which I found time-consuming so I tried an online tutor who planned the whole these 9 months for me. The first 6 months I studied french in general using different books among which I found CLE books very helpful. Then 3 months of intensive work for the exam, actually she had prepared some sample questions and tests for CO and CE skills which were very similar to the exam and helped me to achieve two C1 in these skills. For the two other skills we worked on exam topics and some techniques to manage them. That was really useful and I believe for such a short time it was the best way to go.

Could you please inform on a reliable site or such to find an online tutor? Thank you in advance.

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi guys
I would like to know which test is easier in order to get CLB 7? TEF or TCF
I think speaking part will be the most difficult for me

Thanks

camila447

Sep 20, 2018
Hi all,

Just to update, I did find some material online (on this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/861642600636513/) and also hired a private tutor for some classes. I took the TCF in February, got a B2, updated my EE profile and already received an ITA. :) I wish everyone good luck. I thought it was much easier than the IELTS in general, just my French isn't as good as my English.

Reactions: Zicks

zoexxy

Mar 5, 2020
my point is that you need someone to work with and to be able to check your wok with, it could be a real or online class but online courses without the possibility to check your progress cannot be enough.
these two levels (b1 and b2) are really different and it is a long way from B1 to B2, even when you reach b2 it`s important to know which CLB you need, CLB6 or CLB7, both of them are B2 but each one brings you different points and as well needs different work to achieve. In addition to that, it`s important if you need it in all 4 skills or not, it all depends on the score you need. BTW it took me 9 months to achieve clb7(B2+) in four skills, although people have different learning abilities I believe it`s too optimistic to expect a clb7 in 4 skills in 3 months from scratch. it`s worth mentioning that I got a CLB9 in IELTS in 3-4 months in my first attempt but I studied English many years.
Could you please tell me what is your mother tongue? Trying to evaluate if it is realistic for me to achieve what you did in 9 months, since sometimes its easier for Europeans or people who speak languages in the same system as English to study French than Asians. Thank you !

NIRALI-08

Apr 23, 2020
Hi all,

Just to update, I did find some material online (on this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/861642600636513/) and also hired a private tutor for some classes. I took the TCF in February, got a B2, updated my EE profile and already received an ITA. :) I wish everyone good luck. I thought it was much easier than the IELTS in general, just my French isn't as good as my English.
How much did you pay for the tutor? Can you please share the material with me please at pnitsi@yahoo.com. Thank you