+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study in Private College

sengarkhushi

Jan 10, 2014
I am an Indian Registered Nurse and want to study 2years Nursing Review Program ,got CLOA Last week from Collge too( cost is aprx CAD 25,000) in private college, so can I apply successfully for Spouse Visa , or there will be any chances for Spouse visa rejection,he is IT Engineer and did his MCA degree, if works there in open work permit, Can we apply afterwards for PR ? our main motto is to settle down in Canada... Can anyone suggest me what is the best way?? I wil be very thankful to all ,please help me :eek: :eek:

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can do it...I did the same thing....applied in a college (1 year course)....spouse got the open work permit...so spouse started working while I completed my studies....
Make sure that your college falls under the category where your spouse is eligible for the work permit.....Here is the link..http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

We have already received the PR under PNP so this route worked for us....

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, you are going to get the 3 years work permit....so if either of you get the NOC 0, A or B category job then you guys would be eligible for the CEC category too, after 1 year of your job....

sengarkhushi

Jan 10, 2014
Thank you dks2323 for your reply, But I heard if I study in private college and Only Review Program for nurses will not be eligible for PGWP and spousal visa rejection chances would increases.
I found Diploma -2 years in College of Rockies ,BC, after completion of this course I will be eligible for PGWP which I already checked with admission advisor. Furthermore I need to ask ,
1.being an IT Engineer can my husband come on spouse visa?? ( or vo will reject his visa because he highly educated and 8 years work exp) ,
2. if he comes, Can he get same kind of job related to his qualifications and exp. in Canada??
3. After completing this course, if I apply for PGWP and could not find same profile job but on other hand if my husband got same work profile in Canada for more than 1 year...So can We apply successfully for PR??
4. Can my husband become main applicant for PR if he is on spouse visa??
I would be really very grateful :) :) if you can answer my questions..we really look forward for PR ..