+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Gap

Oct 18, 2021
Hello.. TIA for helping.

I had a gap of 4 years between my Secondary school(O'levels) and higher secondary (12th).

But after my Higher secondary i have no gap what so ever and i have completed my Bachelors, and after my Bachelors i have just over 2 years of work experience. I am applying for study permit in Canada as i have received an offer.

Will that gap be a problem as i dont have any documents to show? Do i really have to mention that gap through SOP to Immigration Officer?

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Hello.. TIA for helping.

I had a gap of 4 years between my Secondary school(O'levels) and higher secondary (12th).

But after my Higher secondary i have no gap what so ever and i have completed my Bachelors, and after my Bachelors i have just over 2 years of work experience. I am applying for study permit in Canada as i have received an offer.

Will that gap be a problem as i dont have any documents to show? Do i really have to mention that gap?
If the gap is more than 2 years then you have to give Some explanation but people do get with gap make sure you explain your gap well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello.. TIA for helping.

Will that gap be a problem as i dont have any documents to show? Do i really have to mention that gap through SOP to Immigration Officer?
Not a problem if you can show career/education advancement in your home country. Better job to justify costs.

Oct 18, 2021
If the gap is more than 2 years then you have to give Some explanation but people do get with gap make sure you explain your gap well.
I understand that ppl do get visa with gaps. But will it be a problem if my SOP to Immigration officer exceed 1000 words(Within 2 Pages)?

Oct 18, 2021
Not a problem if you can show career/education advancement in your home country. Better job to justify costs.
Actually i went to Malaysia to pursue Diploma but was unable to finish due to some family issues, whereas i had to travel back and forth couple of times for which it interfered in my academic progress. Dont really have any documents to show but explanation

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually i went to Malaysia to pursue Diploma but was unable to finish due to some family issues, whereas i had to travel back and forth couple of times for which it interfered in my academic progress. Dont really have any documents to show but explanation
So you need to show that taking a program advance your current level of education (not what your didn’t complete) and show the job opportunities available to you after completing the program.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Then gap will be a concern. You need to do something about it if you failed in Malaysia I advise you don’t say anything about as VO will think you will do the same in Canada. Talk about what you did after your study in your home country like you were helping with father business or something. Just make it believable

Reactions: Naturgrl
Oct 18, 2021
Then gap will be a concern. You need to do something about it if you failed in Malaysia I advise you don’t say anything about as VO will think you will do the same in Canada. Talk about what you did after your study in your home country like you were helping with father business or something. Just make it believable
I was planning to show like this in my SOP:

Recalling my childhood, after completing secondary school I went to pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at HELP College in Malaysia. It was the first time in my life that I had to fight on my own, away from my beloved parents. Unfortunately, due to inconvenient circumstances, I was unable to manage my academic career while living alone, which significantly affected my grades as soon as I reached my 3rd semester. Living alone at this age took a huge toll on me, leading to periods of depression and demoralization, making the curriculum a difficult challenge for me. After consulting with my instructors, I was advised to take a break and spend family time in order to rebuild my mental stability and confidence. Later, in 2016, I changed my program and applied for Diploma in Electrical Engineering at Asia Pacific University in Malaysia. After making quite a surprising progress, I completed my 1st year and also received a certificate of participation as a Honarary Treasurer of the student community services, until some family issues arose from my home country, triggering a return trip in 2017, which initially interfered with my academic work. Regrettably, this was my 2nd attempt of failure in my career creating a gap of total 4 years, and I had to accept that my destiny had greater plans for me in the future, which is when I entirely changed my interest of study to my chosen path of program in Business, which was finally a breakthrough. I went through a significant transformation, which resulted in improvements and blessings in my academic career.

NOTE: AFTER THIS GAP I HAVE NO GAPS IN MY ACADEMIC CAREER. I MEAN AFTER THIS I COMPLETED MY DIPLOMA THEN I COMPLETED MY BACHELORS.

Oct 18, 2021
Its easier and better to fit in some business or how i helped my father at work but what about the travel history? The 5 year travel period of Malaysiawill end in June this year. I am actually born and brought up in Saudi Arabia. And currently residing in Saudi Arabia