+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Gap

prasadhraghu

Jan 22, 2021
Hi, I completed my bachelor's degree (B.C.A 61%) in 2013 and have 7+ years experience in software field. I am planning to do PGD course in software for September intake and have scored 6.5 in IELTS.

Since I am 28M and have 7 years study gap will my visa get approved ?

Please guide me.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi, I completed my bachelor's degree (B.C.A 61%) in 2013 and have 7+ years experience in software field. I am planning to do PGD course in software for September intake and have scored 6.5 in IELTS.

Please guide me.
Study gaps are never an issue, the main objective for you is to show a progression in your career.

Reactions: MVINOTH005

MVINOTH005

Nov 26, 2020
As

Please guide me.
as @captainarabiia correctly said, gap is not an issue at all. You have to show the VO that your intention is genuine as a student. I got my SP approved with 10+ gap for PG. ‍♂
You got to have the rest in order. ie Finance, career progression, ties in Home country etc

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

Please guide me.
Hello,

This shouldn't be an issue. It only becomes one if you can't furnish the VO on what your activities was during that period in time.

With good justification, you should have no troubles.

Regards

Reactions: prasadhraghu

prasadhraghu

Jan 22, 2021
As

as @captainarabiia correctly said, the gap is not an issue at all. You have to show the VO that your intention is genuine as a student. I got my SP approved with a 10+ gap for PG. ‍♂
You got to have the rest in order. ie Finance, career progression, ties in the Home country, etc
Thank you @MVINOTH005, Is that one year PG Diploma will not be convincing for VO?
As I am a Software Tester for the past 7 years, planning to pursue the "Software Quality Assurance" PG Diploma one year course.

Also, kindly guide me on whether to choose a PG Diploma or a Master's course which will be convincing VO.

Reactions: MVINOTH005

MVINOTH005

Nov 26, 2020
Thank you @MVINOTH005, Is that one year PG Diploma will not be convincing for VO?
As I am a Software Tester for the past 7 years, planning to pursue the "Software Quality Assurance" PG Diploma one year course.

Also, kindly guide me on whether to choose a PG Diploma or a Master's course which will be convincing VO.
hi @prasadhraghu
As I am from the field of Finance & Business, Sorry I can not answer to your Question.
I am sure some one from IT would be able to help you on that.

On the Question of PGD vs Master; I think its your personal preference. One, the Master is expensive. Second, what do you exactly want out of your expected study.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Please guide me.
Theoratically, study gap should not be an issue.... BUT....
From your name it appears you are from India (like me)
So, the question (in a VO's mind) will come down to this :

1. Will this guy return to India after getting the degree? You know, because us Indians (together with a lot of other developing nationalities) carry a suspicion of not leaving the country and sticking with authorization of status -- its hypocritical, but it is what it is.
2. Does s/he have enough money? ie, will s/he be working illegally at the gas station during and after his studies?
3. Does s/he looks to have enough motivation to return to where he came from? ie. if s/he is doing a degree in a discipline with very limited employment opportunities in their country. If not, then probably h/she will stay back and work illegally at 7/11.
4. Does s/he have enough ties to their country? Land/Employment/Family in India vs in Canada? If not, then s/he is not motivated enough to return.... may be?
5. Does s/he have a history of complying with immigration laws of countries like Canada? If not, can s/he assure me how this time wont be like past times?
6. Does s/he has a career established already? Why the hell he wants to be a student? Worse if he becomes a student with lower qual! An engineer applying for diploma! This raises alarm bells as motivation of the g/u/a/l is not sure. You need to give a satisfying answer in LoE that you only want to get the degree and will not sell coke in Brampton.

Now most of these doubts are BS but VOs tend to be jealous kind. They dont want their lovely daughter to marry a stree (ooops wrong script!) visa decisions to increase illegal immigration. Its funny! Canadian immigration says "Thou shall leave Canada upon complitiion of thy visa" and at the same time they say "We should find pathways for temporary residents to become permanent residents". This Schizophrenia is uniquely IRCC'ian.