+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study English in Canada

mouaataz

May 23, 2017
Hi,
I want to study BA diploma program in Canada, but since im from a non-English language speaker country, providing test certificate is mandatory in the visa application. Is it possible to study English language (6months-1year) and afterward complete the program. Are there any universities that can offer such this option.
Thank you

mouaataz

May 23, 2017
You can study English in Canada. You would need a study permit if the course is six months or longer. Keep in mind costs and the fact that COVID has complicated the process. Afterward you could move on to a university and apply to extend your study permit.
Thank you for the reply. Do you have an idea if is it difficult to get a student visa when applying outside of Canada. and if there any student agencies that can help international students with enrollment and visa application process.
Your response is highly appreciated.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
It's difficult if you can't show you have enough money to support your studies in Canada and sufficient family or economic ties to your home country. They want to be sure you won't work illegally or overstay.

You don't need an agent or consultant.

mouaataz

May 23, 2017
It's difficult if you can't show you have enough money to support your studies in Canada and sufficient family or economic ties to your home country. They want to be sure you won't work illegally or overstay.

You don't need an agent or consultant.
Some countries request the student to show a minimum amount of money for one year for living. Is it the same for Canada, do you know how much and if there any link i can visit to find out more information in this regard.
Many thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Some countries request the student to show a minimum amount of money for one year for living. Is it the same for Canada, do you know how much and if there any link i can visit to find out more information in this regard.
Many thanks
Yes - it's the same for Canada. You need to show $10,000 to cover living expenses in addition to the money to cover your tuition and travel expenses.

Reactions: mouaataz

mouaataz

May 23, 2017
Is it required to show the full amount of tuitions of 2 years in the visa Application or can submit the tuition fees and living expenses of the first year.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it required to show the full amount of tuitions of 2 years in the visa Application or can submit the tuition fees and living expenses of the first year.
Just first year tuition + $10,000 in living expenses.

Reactions: mouaataz

mouaataz

May 23, 2017
Just first year tuition + $10,000 in living expenses.
So no need to show the funds of the second year in the application form. Im sorry for asking this question again, but i want to make sure my profile is transparent and without flaws.
Between, it will be so costy if a student should prove all tuition fees cover the study years.

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
So no need to show the funds of the second year in the application form. Im sorry for asking this question again, but i want to make sure my profile is transparent and without flaws.
Between, it will be so costy if a student should prove all tuition fees cover the study years.
If your course is of 1 year then you will have to pay GIC 10K and the whole year full tuition fee which is enough for showing your financial eligibility but when you go for 2 years course along with 1 year tuition fee and gic you'll also have to show some bank balance or properties owned under your name or parents. ITR is also recommended or a bank loan.