+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study at PEI and then apply for PNP in Quebec?

Indy20161

Dec 8, 2016
Hi

I'm planning to study in PEI at a university. And I'll be studying Computer Science. I already have my post grad work permit because of I did my studies at a college from 2014 to 2016 and got my post grad work permit in August.

By the time I'll finish my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, I'll have 7 months of post grad work permit remaining. I've calculated my points to apply for PNP in Quebec and I have 50 points(49 are required).

I've following a couple of questions.
1.) I know I'm eligible to apply for PNP because I have more than 49 points, Is there any chance that my file will be rejected because I did my studies at PEI not in Quebec? And is there any other chance that will cause my file to be rejected?

2.) And Can I apply for PNP in Quebec while studying computer science at PEI or I've to complete my studies and then I can apply for PNP in Quebec?

Thanks

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I hope you know that MIDI is done with accepting QSW ( non-cap exempt) applications for this year and MIDI is working on "Expression of Interest" kind of system from next year. You will need to wait until next year to find out how point system will look like in new system.

MIDI is still accepting applications from cap-exempt applicants ( studying/studied in Quebec OR resided in Quebec for more than 1 year)

Following this link to read news about Quebec Immigration System:
http://www.cicnews.com/?s=Quebec

vladmirgc

Apr 10, 2014
APPNOV2014NY said:
I hope you know that MIDI is done with accepting QSW ( non-cap exempt) applications for this year and MIDI is working on "Expression of Interest" kind of system from next year. You will need to wait until next year to find out how point system will look like in new system.

MIDI is still accepting applications from cap-exempt applicants ( studying/studied in Quebec OR resided in Quebec for more than 1 year)

Following this link to read news about Quebec Immigration System:
That is not what "cap-exempt" means. Let me quote the Immigration website:
"If you have a job offer validated by the Ministère or you are a temporary resident of Québec and are authorized to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec, you may do so at any time."

As simple as that. I do not know where you are getting your information from.