+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studies after Canada PR

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi all

I am thinking of applying applying for Canada PR and then go for Higher Education and then work in CA.

Currently I am employed by an Indian IT firm. My confusion is:
1. If I get the PR, then I will have to go to CA for getting my PR Card. I am thinking of taking a sabbatical from my employer for the Higher Education. Now it may happen that I getting my PR, but am not able to spent 2-3 months in CA to get the PR Card delivered to me. I may have to return back to India, apply to CA universities, and then head to the University. And once I start my education, that is when I would get the physical ownership of the PR Card.

Can anyone please advise?

If the above sound confusing, let me give example:
Suppose I get my CA PR approval in January 2019 (while I am in India and employed by my Indian employer). I head to CA within the timeframe (as per rules) to enter CA to get my stamping. Then I have to stay in CA for 2-3 months for getting physical delivery of the PR Card (this is what I have heard from other people). But I cannot spend 2-3 months in CA on leave from my employer. So, instead, I spend 2-3 weeks in CA, head back to India and resume my job in India. Meanwhile, I apply to CA universities and get admission as a PR-holding person. And after I secure my admission, I head to the university in CA, and after 2-3 months in the University, I get the PR Card delivered to me.

Is the above scenario possible? If not then what are my options?

Regards

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Hi all

I am thinking of applying applying for Canada PR and then go for Higher Education and then work in CA.

1. If I get the PR, then I will have to go to CA for getting my PR Card. I am thinking of taking a sabbatical from my employer for the Higher Education. Now it may happen that I getting my PR, but am not able to spent 2-3 months in CA to get the PR Card delivered to me. I may have to return back to India, apply to CA universities, and then head to the University. And once I start my education, that is when I would get the physical ownership of the PR Card.

Suppose I get my CA PR approval in January 2019 (while I am in India and employed by my Indian employer). I head to CA within the timeframe (as per rules) to enter CA to get my stamping. Then I have to stay in CA for 2-3 months for getting physical delivery of the PR Card (this is what I have heard from other people). But I cannot spend 2-3 months in CA on leave from my employer. So, instead, I spend 2-3 weeks in CA, head back to India and resume my job in India. Meanwhile, I apply to CA universities and get admission as a PR-holding person. And after I secure my admission, I head to the university in CA, and after 2-3 months in the University, I get the PR Card delivered to me.

Regards
Yes, your plan can work. Once you get the PR Card, you can ask someone to courier it back to you in India. Also, while applying to Universities, you can mention that you are a PR, this will benefit you in some way.

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi all

Regards
Yep sounds very much possible. I think you need to get PR card delivered to Canadian address though. And then have it sent over.