Jenish Vaghasiya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Surat
Applied for May 2021 intake
Non SDS applied on 8th december
BIL received on 8th december
Biometrics submitted on 17th December
POE approval letters issued on 17th December.

Applied main applicant study permit, SOWP permit and 2x kids study permit all.together.
Medicals not required ans passport stamping not required either as we are UK nationals and only needed ETA to enter.

In total less than 9 days it took for us from submission to approval.
I have a question. While applying for SOWP of a spouse, what proof you have shown in (purpose of travel - other)? They say you can

"You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
  • Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment."

But if you don't fall under any of this, what proof would work here? Can I simply explain them as a statement? Do throw light if someone has the answer to this.

robot83

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
I have a question. While applying for SOWP of a spouse, what proof you have shown in (purpose of travel - other)? They say you can

"You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.
Examples of what you can provide as proof:
A scanned copy of:
  • Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment."

But if you don't fall under any of this, what proof would work here? Can I simply explain them as a statement? Do throw light if someone has the answer to this.
The primary reason is that you will accompany your spouse. Then also share some interests regarding your career that how you will utilize your team there, high light your skills and career growth.

That's what my spouse did.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
As my spouse's visa has not issued yet after almost 6 months (still reviewing eligibility and background check!), I am preparing to travel to Canada alone in two weeks, my question is if his OWP issue after the date of my travel, can he travel alone to join me there? Because it was not our fault that they did not issue our visas at the same time! We applied at the same time back in July.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends, finally we got a passport request letter for my spouse :) I want to know that can I go and get his visa for him? Because he can not leave his job right now

Reactions: JK7878

JK7878

Apr 28, 2019
Dear friends, finally we got a passport request letter for my spouse :) I want to know that can I go and get his visa for him? Because he can not leave his job right now
Many Many congratulations. Did you all gave upfront medical or was it requested? I am still waiting for my spouse PPR. BEST OF LUCK!!!

• Love
Reactions: Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Guys, Someone told me today that the spouse with the SOWP can onlye enter to Canada with the job offer even if they accompany their student spouse. They said that this is the new rule but I could not find anything on the IRCC's website. Have you heard anything about it?

Reactions: JK7878

robot83

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Guys, Someone told me today that the spouse with the SOWP can onlye enter to Canada with the job offer even if they accompany their student spouse. They said that this is the new rule but I could not find anything on the IRCC's website. Have you heard anything about it?
No. Job is not required but because of the pandemic, they could ask if travel is essential for the spouse.

JK7878

Apr 28, 2019
No never heard anything like this. So many people have travelled. It is not necessary.

• Love

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends, sorry if my question is not related to the topic but do you know if the international student dependant has the health cover in Canada or not? (with OWP) If not do you know any thread in this forum where I can get my answers from? I could not find anything

Nick20

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Dear friends, I have received my stamped passport today.. I had applied along with my wife on 15th July.. But my spousal visa is yet to be approved.. I had done pre medical for her this week. Also raised webform last week.. But yet no update and response.. Are their similar cases for u.. I am planning to go in April..

• Sad
Nov 11, 2020
Hello people!! I am so so happy to write this. My husband’s OWP has been approved!! We applied together received my SP approval on Dec 2 and was waiting for his. Thank you so much everyone!!! You’ve all been of great help.
Was your application under SDS or NON SDS?. My SP got refused along with my husband SOWP refusal.

• Sad