+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students who applied with families for Fall 2020/ Winter 2021

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Any update guys for those with approved Student Permit about your spouse's open work permit?

FWIW, I saw this post suggesting we can go on visitor visa and await decision there; what do you think?
I heard from some people in this forum that they don't even let the people with visitor visa to board on the plane! Either you should hold OWP or travel excemption letter. The second problem is applying for OWP from inside Canada which the process is more frustrating than what we are experiencing now.

• Sad
Reactions: distractedcat

Khurram_1980uk

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Applied for May 2021 intake
Non SDS applied on 8th december
BIL received on 8th december
Biometrics submitted on 17th December
POE approval letters issued on 17th December.

Applied main applicant study permit, SOWP permit and 2x kids study permit all.together.
Medicals not required ans passport stamping not required either as we are UK nationals and only needed ETA to enter.

In total less than 9 days it took for us from submission to approval.

Reactions: distractedcat

distractedcat

Dec 16, 2020

Applied main applicant study permit, SOWP permit and 2x kids study permit all.together.
Medicals not required ans passport stamping not required either as we are UK nationals and only needed ETA to enter.

thanks for the reply. it looks like indeed new ones are getting processed normally. there's news about a new COVID-19 strain from UK though; i wish this does not affect your travel. kind regards.

monaaziz

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020

Maybe since you are UK national that played a prominent role to get the processing quickly.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Guys, any update? Unfortunately my spouse's visa has not issued yet and my classes will start in 3 weeks!

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I received three emails about update on my spouse's application but not a single thing has changed on his profile! what kind of torturing is this

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
no update for us as well. I have we days otherwise I will have to deffer to Fall21 :(
My college does not offer my course on September 2021 so I applied for another college which offers same course on May 2021. This is so frustrating as we planned everything since 6 month ago.

Paddy80

Apr 11, 2018
thanks for the reply. it looks like indeed new ones are getting processed normally. there's news about a new COVID-19 strain from UK though; i wish this does not affect your travel. kind regards.
I need some help with filling sowp for husband and minor child study permit. As I understand from the message above that you have received it already , could you please guide me through the steps where I am stuck with? My daughter is 9yrs old and is it required to file a study permit for her? Also there are many fields which I am not able to fill on my own. Could you pls guide?

Paddy80

Apr 11, 2018

I need some help with filling sowp for husband and minor child study permit. As I understand from the message above that you have received it already , could you please guide me through the steps where I am stuck with? My daughter is 9yrs old and is it required to file a study permit for her? Also there are many fields which I am not able to fill on my own. Could you pls guide?

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Guys is this normal that we get status updated on my spouse's application but not a single thing changes?

Reactions: gg9

carolj

Feb 19, 2020
Hi

I have applied from Qatar for my SP + SOWP and a TRV for my 4 year old in June 20,
AUG Biometric done
Sep Medical Done
Sep AIP recived
31 dec BVL for me and my spouse

Today I recieved a OPR only for my Child!!

• Sad
Reactions: robot83 and Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi

I have applied from Qatar for my SP + SOWP and a TRV for my 4 year old in June 20,
AUG Biometric done
Sep Medical Done
Sep AIP recived
31 dec BVL for me and my spouse

Today I recieved a OPR only for my Child!!
Congrats, I applied for my SP and SOWP for my spouse on Jolu 30th, I got my SP on November 18th but still no update on my spouse's application :(