IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
did you receive AIP via email or gc account.
May be the information will be end of the letter.
Nope was via immigration agent.the pdf does not saying anything in the end :(

Reactions: robot83

renron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Thanks, one last question, please. Do you think family ties in Canada are really important for IRCC?
they are, in fact they have negative impact or may i say negative impression on SP applications.
don't get me wrong, family ties related to your immediate families currently in Canada.

Last edited:

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello, am glad to hear that you are having some positive outcome regarding your SP application and sure you will get the same for your husband.

I am Eritrean living in Italy with my wife. I have been accepted for PhD with the full fund in Canada. I am on my way to apply for SP for me and SOWP for my wife together. Could you please let me know the criteria to apply for SOWP? Like the number of funds required? Please share your overall advice with me.

Thanks in advance!
Hey! To be honest, I have no clue, we tried showing as much funds as possible, exceeding tuition and +12,000CAD. In total we had a bit more than 50,000CAD (tuition I think is 35,000CAD). The only thing I would recommend is to apply back from your home country if possible both for SP and SOWP.

forgot to mention – I also with tons of luck to you guys! Keep us updated in this thread

robot83

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hey! To be honest, I have no clue, we tried showing as much funds as possible, exceeding tuition and +12,000CAD. In total we had a bit more than 50,000CAD (tuition I think is 35,000CAD). The only thing I would recommend is to apply back from your home country if possible both for SP and SOWP.

forgot to mention – I also with tons of luck to you guys! Keep us updated in this thread
What is the status on your app please?

soniclife

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Hi, I would like to know did you submit any kind of admission letter for the kids' SP application? Because when I tried it asked for an admission letter, then I applied for the TRV instead. Thanks.
no admission letter .I remember reading in the site that admission letter is mandatory for highschool students only

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
What is the status on your app please?
Nothing changed. I am approved, waiting for TRV and for my husband to get a decision

ana2233

Aug 13, 2020
you can attach marriage photographs, traveling history if you guys traveled after marriage.
Yep, did that, thanks! But we showed travel proof before marriage as after corona time came. In a few days after submitting that proof, I got AIP from Warsaw

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Finally I got my AIP today. My status changed to Reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements in the morning around 9.00 am and got my aip in the afternoon around 2.00 pm. For my spouse and kids the status has changed to Reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements but no update as such.
I got an email that there is a message in my account and when I logged into my account AIP was under message section as OTHER.

robot83

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Finally I got my AIP today. My status changed to Reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements in the morning around 9.00 am and got my aip in the afternoon around 2.00 pm. For my spouse and kids the status has changed to Reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements but no update as such.
I got an email that there is a message in my account and when I logged into my account AIP was under message section as OTHER.
Congrats

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020

Hey thanks for the reply! I will not have to pay a tuition fee as I will have a fully-funded Ph.D. course. The university will pay me around 20K CAD annually and plus I will show around 25K CAD. I hope this would be enough for them. Do you think applying from a county different from my home country will create a problem? It would be difficult to apply from my home country due to COVID.

Thanks

Reactions: NVHBNMN

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
they are, in fact they have negative impact or may i say negative impression on SP applications.
don't get me wrong, family ties related to your immediate families currently in Canada.
Hey, thanks for the reply! I do not have an immediate family member in Canada at the moment. So, are you saying this is a positive thing?

Thanks as always.

CPA_3

Jun 17, 2020
Thought I'll update you guys. We were refused (SP for me) and TRV's for the entire family. I have included below details.

Visa Office – Abu Dhabi

Date applied – July 18, 2020

Biometrics – July 19, 2020

Eligibility started – August 30, 2020

Correspondence letter – September 5, 2020

Refusal today – September 6, 2020

BS Accountancy from the Philippines

38 years old – 18 years study gap = 18 years work experience

Married with 3 kids

I hold 3 CPA licenses – from my home country, Philippines, from the U.S as there are exams here in the UAE and I was recently admitted as a member of CPA Canada as there’s MRA between the U.S & Canada.

IELTS – over all band is 8 (R - 9, L - 8.5, S - 8, W - 6.5)

Program of choice is MBA

Currently working as Senior Accountant in a very famous and highly specialized hospital in Abu Dhabi.

Travel history – Hongkong 2011 and Japan 2018.

Proof of funds include CAD 57K myself and my Mom’s bank balance of CAD 43K.

I have included properties like house and lot from the Philippines worth CAD 54K and a car in the UAE, CAD 10,000 approximately.

Below are the reasons for refusal including my current employment situation although I am currently employed.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.