+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students visa to PR process

Ani S Anand

Jul 1, 2021
Hi
My Son is studying in Alberta, 4 years engineering program, without job how he can apply for PR? Or He need to work in Canada? If yes, how many years need to work,
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
My Son is studying in Alberta, 4 years engineering program, without job how he can apply for PR? Or He need to work in Canada? If yes, how many years need to work,
Thank you
He can’t apply for PR. He needs to graduate, get a PGWP and get at least a year of Canadian work experience. Then he enters the Express Entry draw and wait for an invitation. He may not get an ITA with just a year so continues working and hopes for ITA. Once his score is selected, then he gets an ITA and applies.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
I'd advice you to use the official calculator and play with the variables a bit to see how it affects your son's score.

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
He can’t apply for PR. He needs to graduate, get a PGWP and get at least a year of Canadian work experience. Then he enters the Express Entry draw and wait for an invitation. He may not get an ITA with just a year so continues working and hopes for ITA. Once his score is selected, then he gets an ITA and applies.
He may not get an invitation even if his CRS score is 470+ just because of one-year work experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He may not get an invitation even if his CRS score is 470+ just because of one-year work experience?
Didn’t say that. But assumed from the post that he hasn’t graduated or done one-year of Canadian experience. Does the OP have foreign work experience to be eligible for FSW? What is his NOC (government is looking at changing EE with the updated NOC system)? If OP does and score is 470+ with FSW and Canadian experience, then yes.