+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students of University of Saskatchewan or University of Regina

SAQ

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Off-course Uni of Saskatchewan ranks above average. There selection criteria is quite tougher as compared to UofR.
Well, have u applied or deciding where to go? if Yes then where?
Which Progam?what level ?

And also share your profile?

tigeronline

Apr 8, 2012
Off-course Uni of Saskatchewan ranks above average. There selection criteria is quite tougher as compared to UofR.
Well, have u applied or deciding where to go? if Yes then where?
Which Progam?what level ?

And also share your profile?

i just deciding where to go. .
1. Seneca College Torono
2. University of Regina
3. University of Saskatchwan
4. Trinity Western University.

Now i have acceptance letter from seneca college and applying for january intake.

Gsaa

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
I am University oF Saskatchewan student

if u need any information just tell me!

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
Gsaa said:
hi,
I am University oF Saskatchewan student

if u need any information just tell me!
@ Gsaa

I have some questions. I am accepted at UoR will be joining there this fall.
1. what are my chances if I wish to transfer from UoR to Usask or uni Alberta?
2. do I need to stay two continuous years in sask provice to be eligible for provincial PR?
3. what if I get an job offer out of Sask i.e Alberta during or after masters. will it make any difference to get PR? and also what if we got job in Alberta and want to apply PR of Alberta rather then Sask, whereas our whole stay in Canada belongs to Sask.

Gsaa

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Arslan
1; yes you can tansfer but first of all you have to get LOA from U of S or A and then you have to submit file or application at vergiville office (alberta) so that they can change the institution name on your study permit only if you are changing your study level as well like changing degree level while changing your school.
see the following it will definitely give your que's answer: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/study/index.asp

at the aforesaid link there is question:

question:I am already in Canada and have a valid study permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my study permit?

answer:If you are changing schools and/or your program of study but remain at the same level (e.g., secondary level), you do not need to modify your study permit.

However, if for example you are a student at the primary school level and you are moving on to secondary school, or if you are a secondary school student and you are moving on to post-secondary studies, or if you are moving from post-secondary studies to secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

NOW COMING TO YOUR 2ND QUESTION:

I am giving your a link which will directly take you to your dilemma's solution:here is written your eligibility for applying for SINP program depending on degree that you are applying for and when you can apply.

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

So here you go now your 3rd question:

it does not matter where you study and where get job but yes the place does matter for applying for PR like if you get job in ALberta then you have to apply for PR in Alberta for which there is another link which I have written at the bottom of this paragraph.The difference between AINP and SINP is that For SINP you can apply for any FULL TIME job even it does NOT relate with your study which you have done in Canadian post secondary institution but for AINP there is specificity for FULL TIME JOB job which recommended to be related to your studies and MUST be one of NOC O,A or B job which you can find at given below link and yes,there is specificity for hours of PAID JOB WORK EXPERIENCE too BEFORE YOU become eligible for applying for PR in both of these nominee programs like For SINP you must have to complete 960 hours of work experience(paid job) BEFORE applying for PR which may include your on campus or off campus job.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx

I THINK I HAVE GIVEN YOU ENOUGH INFORMATION that YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR!
please let me know if any other info you need

tigeronline

Apr 8, 2012
Dear Gsaa
thx for ur guidance.

I got following percentage in my previous studies:
Matric (Arts subjects): 67%
Intermediate (Humanities subjects): 59%
Graduation (Humanities subjects): 45%
Master (MBA Specialization in Management Information System): 64% (CGPA 2.93)
IELTS 5.5 (overall band)

Dear please guide me can i take admission in UofR or UofS.
Is there any possibility for me to get acceptance letter from UofR or UofS with ESL progarmme.
If Yes then how many time they take for application processing

Regards

Gsaa

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@tigeronline
for which degree or couse do u wanna apply for?

then and only I can check with university policies and say something to you but the main problem with you is IELTS right now because if you do wanna go for masters or hiher degree my university would require 6.5 overall but I know one person who is my hriend on this forum "Happygarcha"
he got admission in U of R without Ielts and yes IELTS reallyy doesnot matter sometimes when you apply for UNiversity by taking ESL as your initial course and what i can give the admission office email id at which you can contact and ask them the timeline and requirement especially about IELTS and when I applied for my bachelor degree at U of S it took approximately 1 month to get OFFER LETTER THROUGH EMAIL BUT 15 DAYS MORE TO GET LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE THROUGH MAIL(COURIER).

FOR U of S::::

the link for graduate admission and requirements is : http://www.usask.ca/cgsr/admission/admission_proc.php

for gradute admissioons : grad.studies@usask.ca (must contact here first as it seems you are applying for post graduate course)

THE FOLLOWING IS WHERE YOU CAN CONTACT AND ASK for the degree that you wanna apply for: admissions@usask.ca

another help for international student admission : international@usask.ca

ezakhan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics 23-06-2014
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
Hi,

I intend to apply to U of S for Jan 2013 intake.....

B.Eng (Hons) Electro & Comm from Uni of Glamorgan UK with 70% (2007)
Intermediate 54%
Secondary 57%

Experience in teaching to B.tech & Ielts, Toefl and related.....since graduated

Going to apply for Course based M.Eng.....I believe the fee is CAD 6300 dollars.....?

1. how long will it take for the app to process
2. do i need to get a supervisor for it first
3. if i have more questions in future, can i bother u again?

thanx

ArslanZahid

Champion Member
Oct 13, 2011
Sialkot
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
@ Gsaa it is hell lot of info my brother. thank you so much.

wrehmanca

Sep 30, 2011
GSaa,
Read your other posts and dude found your details very impressive, hope you will be able to help me a bit.

Here is my situation:
I am from Pakistan and studying ACCA and Bachelor in UK, and will finish by the end of this year.
Now, I am planning to continue my study in BBA or any Accounting related degree/ diploma in Canada which could lead me to apply for PRC.
I would appreciate your time to suggest me either College or University which is less expensive and approve for the above process.
Thanks a million.
Cheers.