+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students from India for (sep. 2014) intake ...plz share

Jun 24, 2014
kour said:
yes Nikhil...u have got visa...
same happened wid me as well...n I got visa after they askd for my pp...
so congrats man
Hello Kour,

Do you have any idea if the online MyCIC will tell if my visa has been approved, or my only way is to wait for the return of passport and then see?

Jun 24, 2014
movingon_nikhil said:
Hello Kour,

Do you have any idea if the online MyCIC will tell if my visa has been approved, or my only way is to wait for the return of passport and then see?
Hello guys, I am relieved to say that my online MyCIC account says "this application is approved"

Waiting for passport.

So, Applied Jun 16- 2014
Approved Jun 25-2014

I recommend online application - seems like they process "slightly" quicker cause we are eliminating VFS in between

vidya0411

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmadabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2014
IELTS Request
7, none less then 6.5
File Transfer...
02-07-2014
Med's Done....
17-05-2014
Passport Req..
sent with Documents
congratulations Nikhil

Jun 4, 2014
@ meagan99 - Thanks Bud!!
@ Jebi - IELTS is the requirement for the University not for getting the study permit. My IELTS was waived by the uni but they required a GMAT score of min of 650 and mine is 740. I almost called all the agents who come on TV but nobody agreed to file my visa. They said I can never get any visa without IELTS. I just used the information on CIC website and VFS and applied for the visa.
Also please be careful with the agents. One of them asked me 30000 for telling me what documents to use for filing the visa. I directly asked her if she is really that stupid for asking me this much money or she is just pretending to be. She might have thought koi desi jeha jatt hona loot lavo. She didn't even know what GMAT means leave alone appreciation for high score. These are just ignorant SOBs who are just there to mint the money.

I would recommend you to write flawless SOP even you have to pay somebody to write it.

Anyway I won't be going to Canada because I got a free ride from a university in US.

Best-

loginbits12

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Jatt James Bond said:
@ meagan99 - Thanks Bud!!
@ Jebi - IELTS is the requirement for the University not for getting the study permit. My IELTS was waived by the uni but they required a GMAT score of min of 650 and mine is 740. I almost called all the agents who come on TV but nobody agreed to file my visa. They said I can never get any visa without IELTS. I just used the information on CIC website and VFS and applied for the visa.
Also please be careful with the agents. One of them asked me 30000 for telling me what documents to use for filing the visa. I directly asked her if she is really that stupid for asking me this much money or she is just pretending to be. She might have thought koi desi jeha jatt hona loot lavo. She didn't even know what GMAT means leave alone appreciation for high score. These are just ignorant SOBs who are just there to mint the money.

I would recommend you to write flawless SOP even you have to pay somebody to write it.

Anyway I won't be going to Canada because I got a free ride from a university in US.

Best-
hi james congratulation on u r visa . Did you mentioned any anything about ielts wavier in u r sop to VO. Please let me know . thank you

Jun 4, 2014
@ loginbits12 - Yup I did Bud!!

I also wrote an email to university to confirm that my IELTS has been waived. I took printout of the email along with the reply and attached with my application.

Best-

MNM2014

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
movingon_nikhil said:
Hello guys, I am relieved to say that my online MyCIC account says "this application is approved"

Waiting for passport.

So, Applied Jun 16- 2014
Approved Jun 25-2014

I recommend online application - seems like they process "slightly" quicker cause we are eliminating VFS in between

Congrats Nikhil!!!

Wish you all the best for your MS.

Can you please share your profile [Undergrad profile, Scores, Univ, etc]

kheyalimitra

May 29, 2014
Hi,

I applied on 19th May(Online). Medical request and Passport sending request came together on 24th June.
Does this mean if medical goes well it's done?
any advice???

Jun 24, 2014
MNM2014 said:
Congrats Nikhil!!!

Wish you all the best for your MS.

Can you please share your profile [Undergrad profile, Scores, Univ, etc]
Hey MNM
Undergrad engg - 69%
TOEFL iBT - 117(120max)
Industry experience - 5years

Jun 24, 2014
kheyalimitra said:
Hi,

I applied on 19th May(Online). Medical request and Passport sending request came together on 24th June.
any advice???
Looks like everythings fine. Get your medical done, its looks good :D

mo935

Jun 18, 2014
@nikhil
hey congrats .. for the visa .. party time!!!

Thx for a detailed explanation ..
I am flying to india today only to get my medical done and then back to Kuwait

i guess Ill take ur advice and apply online from Kuwait .. (a week later from the medical test and in the mean time i wish my GIC gets processed )

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh: online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
7 bands - Submitted with application
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
kheyalimitra said:
Hi,

any advice???
Do u applied from India?