+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students from India applying for September 2013 intake please post here.

baigameerali

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
JenyAp said:
Students who are applying from India for 2013 intake please share your comments and all in this thread as it can help Indian students share information on visa,documentation etc in one thread and will be very helpful for all of us.

Hi everybody , i am a Mechanical Engineer with 3 years of Experience and my IELTS score is 7.0 .
I have applied to Algonquin college for a diploma program and have also recieved the offer letter from the college. I am fullfilling all the SPP requirements like the payment of first year's fees and showing a bank loan of about 12lacs.
ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME THE CHANCES OF GETTING THE VISA.
I'LL BE INDEBTED TO YOU ALL FOR THE FAVOUR.
THANK YOU.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
ankush said:
yes consulants said to do addmission in uni u would require gre for mtech and they said the universities r costly....
i had applied for jan 2013 intake in centennial college and i got the offer letter but for family problems i coud'nt proceed the application....
No problem. Now you should hurry if you want to apply for uni for fall 13 . You have approx 1-1.5 month for most of universities. So start preparing.

baigameerali

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
I have already started. I am jus worried about the visa.
One consultant told me that after doing ma Engg with 3 yrs exp , why are you applying for diploma?
The Visa Officer might get this doubt.Is it So.?

selvakumarmvs

Dec 9, 2012
Ankitnanu said:
got admission for masters of engineering Internetworking Dalhousie university for September intake will go under university category for visa file and will keep file in February 2 week
When did u submitted application ?

vish15591

Jul 29, 2012
Hello friends
I am studying in last year of my B.Tech
My profile:
IELTS-7(l,r-7.5,w,s-6.5)
B.Tech in IT
CGPA-7.25(Upto 7th sem,backlog-2(cleared))
12th-86%
10th-72%

I have applied in Concordia university for MS in Information Security for fall 13.The application along with all documents were submitted at 7 Dec.But yet there is no news from university.So i am wooried.Please suggest me some universities.So i can apply as soon as possible.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I am planning PG certificate in COnstruction Management. Any idea how the construction management market is?
I have 3 options
GB - Jan 2014 intake
COnestoga - Sept13
Centennial - Sept13

GB is offering Internship in 3rd sem. but will have to wait for 1 year.
I have conetoga and centennial to chose from.

Please give your opinion.

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
Hey All,

i to have applied for below universities for masters in computer science:-

a) University of british columbia
b) University of ottawa
c) University Victoria
d) York University.

My profile:-

10:- 69%
12:- 64%
Engg:- (IT) :- 72%(4year overall) 76%( last 2 year)
IELTS:- 7(l-7.5,R/W/S:- 7.0)
EXP:- 4.5 years of EXP in IT industry.

Havent heard back from any of the universities yet.
Am i turning out to be too ambitious and looking for admission in these universities.
Do you recommend that i should haunt for some more universities or rely on the above.

Looking forward for your reply.

Sushil

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
sushilsrk said:
Hey All,

i to have applied for below universities for masters in computer science:-

a) University of british columbia
b) University of ottawa
c) University Victoria
d) York University.

My profile:-

10:- 69%
12:- 64%
Engg:- (IT) :- 72%(4year overall) 76%( last 2 year)
IELTS:- 7(l-7.5,R/W/S:- 7.0)
EXP:- 4.5 years of EXP in IT industry.

Havent heard back from any of the universities yet.
Am i turning out to be too ambitious and looking for admission in these universities.
Do you recommend that i should haunt for some more universities or rely on the above.

Looking forward for your reply.

Sushil
Wait for 1month more to hear from them. They take their time.

According to your profile, I would categorize all of them as dream universities. You should have applied in middle ranking universities also where your admission would have been guaranteed like Concordia, dalhousie,,Carleton etc

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
sushilsrk said:
Thanks.

DO any of these middle rated universities still accepting the applications?
Ya. Concordia and dalhousie will. Better you contact their international centers and apply asap.

Best of luck.

nikhilc

Feb 4, 2013
Hey Guys,

I am from Mumbai, India, and intend to go to Toronto, Canada to study Television and Film production.I have found courses in the following Colleges: Humber, Seneca, Centennial and Sheridan. They all seem like well recognized colleges, the courses appear to be well planned and have excellent faculty who are current industry stalwarts. Before i make a decision on which college and which course i would like to take up, i hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

I am not going with the intent of getting Permanent Residency, my main aim is to get valuable technical and practical experience in film production, hence I'm looking at a college which has students who are more interested in learning than those who are just there for the P.R. gimmick. During my 2 years as an international student, i want to make the most of the college facilities, make a large number of intellectual friends. I am a pianist/musician with a grade 8 in Solo Piano from Trinity College London, so i would like to form a band or a choir and perform for fun and to make some money.

I'm used to a vibrant social life in Mumbai, so a college which has more outgoing students who partake in loads of extracurricular activities and indulge in Nightlife would also be an added advantage.

So please give me your thoughts on the above, also if there are any colleges that Ive missed out which offer a similar type of education, please do mention it over here. Also i have an 8.5 in the IELTS and decent above 70% marks till graduation

Thanks in advance for whatever help