+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for Winter 2021 intake (SDS/Non SDS) - Applied after September 15

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
My timeline:
Applied on 14th August for Winter 2021 from the US, complete application, University on the list, eligibility review started on 22nd August. It has been almost three months without any update, only a ghost update last week, nothing else. :(:(

SH萨巴伯

Nov 11, 2020
My timeline:
Applied on 14th August for Winter 2021 from the US, complete application, University on the list, eligibility review started on 22nd August. It has been almost three months without any update, only a ghost update last week, nothing else. :(:(
did you order GCMS notes.? are you US national?

Ghanisht97

Dec 23, 2020
Country applied from: India
Visa Application Category:SDS
Application Date: 23rd September 2020
Biometrics Status: Request received on 24th September 2020. Pending as VACs are not yet operational.
Med Exam Status: Not yet updated (Upfront med exam submitted with application).
Refusal on 4th September for September Intake
When did you applied?

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Sharing my updated timeline:

October 7 - Online Non-SDS application (upfront medicals).
December 3rd - Biometrics enrollment and it got updated on the same day on GCKey.
December 7th - Medicals got updated on GCKey.
December 10 - Request letter for IELTS TRF
January 7th - Uploaded IELTS TRF

No updates since then and now waiting for final decision. Please share your time line too.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Sharing my updated timeline:

October 7 - Online Non-SDS application (upfront medicals).
December 3rd - Biometrics enrollment and it got updated on the same day on GCKey.
December 7th - Medicals got updated on GCKey.
December 10 - Request letter for IELTS TRF
January 7th - Uploaded IELTS TRF

No updates since then and now waiting for final decision. Please share your time line too.
non-SDS does not require IELTS, why they asked you for ot?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I was in the same assumption and went ahead with the application by sharing the exemption letter from my DLI. Now it is clear to me that whether it is SDS or Non-SDS if you're from a Non-English speaking country IELTS is the requirement.
they explicitly asked for IELTS or English language test? because I used Duolingo and it was accepted, non-SDS.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
they explicitly asked for IELTS or English language test? because I used Duolingo and it was accepted, non-SDS.
Yes, they explicitely mentioned that they're only accepting IELTS, TOEFL and PTE. Are you saying that you are an Indian applicant and got your visa approved by providing Duolingo test in your application?

Because last time I checked they multiple times mentioned on social media and on their webinars that Duolingo explicitly is not acceptable.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Yes, they explicitely mentioned that they're only accepting IELTS, TOEFL and PTE. Are you saying that you are an Indian applicant and got your visa approved by providing Duolingo test in your application?

Because last time I checked they multiple times mentioned on social media and on their webinars that Duolingo explicitly is not acceptable.
any language test is not required for non-SDS at all. Language test is only for SDS applicants. My visa was not approved but Duolingo was accepted as per the GCMS notes.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
any language test is not required for non-SDS at all. Language test is only for SDS applicants. My visa was not approved but Duolingo was accepted as per the GCMS notes.
It's weird that they asked me and one of my friends for IELTS test results then. We're both Indians and applied under non-sds category. Congratulations on having your test results accepted then as they seem to explicitly disapprove it all over their official social media handles. I feel like it's subjective to cases by case basis. Good luck.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
It's weird that they asked me and one of my friends for IELTS test results then. We're both Indians and applied under non-sds category. Congratulations on having your test results accepted then as they seem to explicitly disapprove it all over their official social media handles. I feel like it's subjective to cases by case basis. Good luck.
They have mentioned on their twitter account that language test is only required for SDS. I could have skipped attaching duolingo test altogether because its not required.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
They have mentioned on their twitter account that language test is only required for SDS. I could have skipped attaching duolingo test altogether because its not required.
I think that post is a scam. I don't think it's applicable for Indian students at least, though there might be other considerations like whether the student had studied in an English speaking country recently.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada