+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student with Co-op

Mimoza Bregu

Nov 12, 2020
Hello,
I live in Canada. My problem is that I just finished all courses for a certain program in Canada but I need to find a co-op position in order to get the degree and then to apply for PGWP.
As current situation is difficult to find a job, what can I do to extend my visas ( study visa and co-op work permit),to have more time to search for a job?
What will happen if I will not find a co-op?
Can you please help me ?

Mimoza Bregu

Nov 12, 2020
Thank you
I have asked school but they are strict that need a co-op to get graduation from school. Even, they said me that I have only 3 months to find the job, after I must stay in Canada as visitor to find the job. How can I find for a co-op job with a visitor status ??? :oops: So, the break to find the job is only 3 months, after I am not a student, school doesn't know me as a student in order to extend visas. I am very worried about that

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That is always an issue if a mandatory co-op is tied to graduation. You can look at extending the visas and find a job. Can the school advisors assist in job searching in any way? You need to look across Canada.

Mimoza Bregu

Nov 12, 2020
That is always an issue if a mandatory co-op is tied to graduation. You can look at extending the visas and find a job. Can the school advisors assist in job searching in any way? You need to look across Canada.
School advisors have tried to help us but it has not been helpful, just listed a lot of companies and that's all ( mostly of them don't get student anymore)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You really need to talk to your school about how you are going to be able to graduate. That is your priority. Does your program say that co-op is mandatory to graduate or that you can take an extra semester of courses to fulfil graduation requirements. Extend your student visa and talk to your school. Once you are a visitor, you can’t work.

Mimoza Bregu

Nov 12, 2020
You really need to talk to your school about how you are going to be able to graduate. That is your priority. Does your program say that co-op is mandatory to graduate or that you can take an extra semester of courses to fulfil graduation requirements. Extend your student visa and talk to your school. Once you are a visitor, you can’t work.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, coop is mandatory, I can't transfer courses. I asked school for that as well.
So you need to find out your options for graduation. Not talking about transferring courses but completing an extra semester or transferring to another program to graduate. What school is this?

Mimoza Bregu

Nov 12, 2020
So you need to find out your options for graduation. Not talking about transferring courses but completing an extra semester or transferring to another program to graduate. What school is this?
Is SAIT, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, in Calgary

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes. You still need to figure out how to a) extend permits and get a job to graduate from the GIS program or b) transfer to another program at SAIT or another school to graduate.

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
Hello,
I live in Canada. My problem is that I just finished all courses for a certain program in Canada but I need to find a co-op position in order to get the degree and then to apply for PGWP.
As current situation is difficult to find a job, what can I do to extend my visas ( study visa and co-op work permit),to have more time to search for a job?
What will happen if I will not find a co-op?
Can you please help me ?
But isn't it school's responsibility, sorry I have no idea but my last semester is also for co op, though I didn't even get a study permit but wondering if I get then college won't be getting us job? Or making it possible for us to find job?