+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa

JBKJN

Jan 6, 2021
Hello,
One of my friends had conditional acceptance (because of the IELTS certificate) for a Ph.D. degree from one of the universities. He got a visa for four years as a student but his acceptance was recently canceled because he could not meet the language requirements. He would like to come to Canada for a few weeks and try to find a postdoctoral position at a university. My question is, could he come to Canada since he has a visa or not?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
One of my friends had conditional acceptance (because of the IELTS certificate) for a Ph.D. degree from one of the universities. He got a visa for four years as a student but his acceptance was recently canceled because he could not meet the language requirements. He would like to come to Canada for a few weeks and try to find a postdoctoral position at a university. My question is, could he come to Canada since he has a visa or not?
Thank you
His visa should be cancelled electronically at a certain point. No he can’t land on a student permit when he won’t be coming to Canada to study. He needs to apply for a TRV. I would suggest he try to find a job in Canada from abroad. With out a PhD he is unlikely to be even considered for any post-doc jobs.