+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa

john404

Nov 5, 2019
I will be graduating from a high school in Canada this year my marks are really good, and I got accepted into a university in January. However, my PR application is still being processed. Do I still need to apply for a study permit and what tuition fees do I pay (domestic or international)?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I will be graduating from a high school in Canada this year my marks are really good, and I got accepted into a university in January. However, my PR application is still being processed. Do I still need to apply for a study permit and what tuition fees do I pay (domestic or international)?
I would post this in the student section of the forum you might get more detailed answers. Im not certain but my guess is if you are not a pr you would require a study visa and pay international fees until you become a pr. I could be wrong.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You would need apply for a study permit and pay international fees. What is your current status in Canada?

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
I would post this in the student section of the forum you might get more detailed answers. Im not certain but my guess is if you are not a pr you would require a study visa and pay international fees until you become a pr. I could be wrong.
I agree , if you don't have PR status you will be considered to be a international student . Hence the international tuition . But you could hold off your enrollment and wait for the application come through .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree , if you don't have PR status you will be considered to be a international student . Hence the international tuition . But you could hold off your enrollment and wait for the application come through .
This is an H&C case so wait time to see if granted PR will take a while.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
This is an H&C case so wait time to see if granted PR will take a while.
In that case I will say it is totally up to the person asking this question and he or she is the one that has to talk to the institute regarding his or her enrollment there ,such as whether getting a deferral to at least next year is possible or not .

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
In that case I will say it is totally up to the person asking this question and he or she is the one that has to talk to the institute regarding his or her enrollment there ,such as whether getting a deferral to at least next year is possible or not .
plus with h&c there's no guarantees, the student could wait and then get rejected.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
plus with h&c there's no guarantees, the student could wait and then get rejected.
well, based on my limited knowledge, I don't see any other way out for the person if the whole purpose is trying to avoid paying international tuition, the only choice is to defer the enrollment and wait it out.