+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa

rajkamal1327

Jul 24, 2013
Dear friends

I will appreciate as many contributions as possible

I am from chennai and i want to apply for a student visa and also i need to accompany my family
pls suggest me a course which will help me in getting a job and gives post study visa

i prefer SAIT polytechnic cos as my sister whos a canadian citizen stays in calgary

i have B.A and M.A(eng.litt) and 8 years of work experience as a teacher

should i do Masters or Postgraduate Diploma
Will a-one year Postgraduate Diploma earn me POST STUDY VISA to work
will i be able to take my spouse and my son

pls suggest me some brief comments on this
thaku friends

Guri.singh

Mar 28, 2016
The Embassy usually awards a Study visa only if the course you take is related to your previous studies and should not be lower to the qualification you already have.
For example if you are an Engineer and opt for a course of Hospitality Management, chances of securing a visa is slim to zero.

You can go for Masters or PG course that totally dependents on you.I would advice to go through various programmes and go through the subjects included in the study. Also consider the tuition fees and other funding. I believe considering all such factors will help you decide better.

As far as the Post Graduate Work Visa(PGWP) is concerned, this is what CIC says,

" A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length. For example, if you graduate from a four-year degree program, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit if you meet the criteria. If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months."

So basically it depends on the course duration
1 Year Course --- 1 year or less of work permit.
2 Year Course --- 2-3 years of work permit.

All the Best !!!

Grish2508

Jun 29, 2016
Can you please check my profile and tell me should I be getting a visa or not ? Please urgent help required.

10th- 82%
12th- 60% but had failed in maths, passed the same year in July.
Bachelors in English literature through correspondence.
Diploma in French. Level B1.
Thinking to apply for early childcare.

How strong do you think is my profile ?

Guri.singh

Mar 28, 2016
Grish2508 said:
Can you please check my profile and tell me should I be getting a visa or not ? Please urgent help required.

10th- 82%
12th- 60% but had failed in maths, passed the same year in July.
Bachelors in English literature through correspondence.
Diploma in French. Level B1.
Thinking to apply for early childcare.

How strong do you think is my profile ?
Sorry bro, wont be able to help you out with this.
I just know about my field (in my case Btech).

Better reach for a consultant.
Tc

Testquality

Jun 25, 2016
I have a question regarding student visa for canada .I had already applied for spouse visa I. E my spouse is a PR in canada he had sponsored me but now my spouse has withdrawn my application and now I m planning to go on student visa .Can you guys tell me will there be any problem in student visa as I had already applied for spouse visa which is now withdrawn?