+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa

May 7, 2014
Hello there,

I'm planning to apply to a university in Toronto in a couple months. I was wondering how hard it would be to get a visa for me.

I'm almost 21 years old, from Turkey, no criminal record, a healthy person. Zero travel history, as I haven't had either time or money to travel anywhere outside the country since 18. Good financial standings, high grades.

What should I focus into when I'm applying for my visa? What can I do about my travel history if it's a problem? Let's say everything is set with the university that I've applied to, would I still have a low chance to get my visa approved?

TIA!

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
GenericUsername3 said:
Hello there,

I'm planning to apply to a university in Toronto in a couple months. I was wondering how hard it would be to get a visa for me.

I'm almost 21 years old, from Turkey, no criminal record, a healthy person. Zero travel history, as I haven't had either time or money to travel anywhere outside the country since 18. Good financial standings, high grades.

What should I focus into when I'm applying for my visa? What can I do about my travel history if it's a problem? Let's say everything is set with the university that I've applied to, would I still have a low chance to get my visa approved?

TIA!
If your course matches your previous studies/work ex, you have funds to pay for your studies there, and have fairly good English language skills, you should not worry about being rejected. Just go ahead and apply, mate.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GenericUsername3 said:
Thank you for the answer. I've heard that travel history was a big problem. Any other tip would be appreciated.
You better start preparing on getting admitted into the university of a choice. Travel history won't be a problem if everything else is alright. You should attach a study plan / SOP and assure the visa officer that you will return back to Turkey after your studies and not stay back in Canada.

May 7, 2014
Thank you my friend. I'm planning to show a House and a car on my name, also military papers as evidence that I have ties to my hometown. Would that be enough?