+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa with illegal stay in another country...

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Asking on behalf of friend, He went to ITALY on work visa which was valid for 6 months. After that, he over stayed for 1 and half year. He was not deported from country. He left the country himself and didn't get any fine by ITALY immigration while coming back to home country. There was stamp of departure on passport. Now, his passport is expired and he renewed it. he is planning to apply study visa for CANADA.

Questions ;
1) will he comes under any overstay? as there is no fine or deport stamp on passport,
2) What are visa chances?
3) What things he should do before applying visa?
4) any other recommended action for his situation?

Thanks in Advance...

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Asking on behalf of friend, He went to ITALY on work visa which was valid for 6 months. After that, he over stayed for 1 and half year. He was not deported from country. He left the country himself and didn't get any fine by ITALY immigration while coming back to home country. There was stamp of departure on passport. Now, his passport is expired and he renewed it. he is planning to apply study visa for CANADA.

Questions ;
1) will he comes under any overstay? as there is no fine or deport stamp on passport,

Thanks in Advance...
1. Yes
2. Very very low

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019

Questions ;

Thanks in Advance...
1. In the form imm1294e, there is a part where he has to fill all the countries he visited and the duration. (He should be honest as misrepresentation can shatter his dreams) They will use that to double-check. It may come as overstay or not. (Check the Italy arrival and departure online and see how it says only if they exist; For example, in the USA, I-94 is when you can see all the arrivals and departure and how long you overstayed)

2. Chances of getting a visa? He may be lucky; he may be not.

3 and 4: He should be honest when filling the applications. In my opinion, (others may disagree), since SOP is not a required document, he should not mention any travel-related information in the form of overstaying but all about why he want to come to Canada, how Canada education will benefit him and all experiences he has done in Italy etc. Let the IRCC find the overstay by themselves from the IMM1294E application form as not mentioning in SOP can never count as misrepresentation (I think)

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
1. In the form imm1294e, there is a part where he has to fill all the countries he visited and the duration. (He should be honest as misrepresentation can shatter his dreams) They will use that to double-check. It may come as overstay or not. (Check the Italy arrival and departure online and see how it says only if they exist; For example, in the USA, I-94 is when you can see all the arrivals and departure and how long you overstayed)

2. Chances of getting a visa? He may be lucky; he may be not.

3 and 4: He should be honest when filling the applications. In my opinion, (others may disagree), since SOP is not a required document, he should not mention any travel-related information in the form of overstaying but all about why he want to come to Canada, how Canada education will benefit him and all experiences he has done in Italy etc. Let the IRCC find the overstay by themselves from the IMM1294E application form as not mentioning in SOP can never count as misrepresentation (I think)
Thank you for information and advice. Its really helpful..