+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa with family.

Ulfat Ali

Aug 17, 2022
17k in primary applicant's account
Sir Just to confirm i am going to apply GIC from my Husband Bank Account not from mine i heard that it will be rejected if it is not your account and from UAE also you cannot apply GIC you have to apply from you home country is that anything you are aware of?

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Sir Just to confirm i am going to apply GIC from my Husband Bank Account not from mine i heard that it will be rejected if it is not your account and from UAE also you cannot apply GIC you have to apply from you home country is that anything you are aware of?
It's because UAE is not eligible for SDS and non-SDS doesn't require GIC. And yes, it must be from main applicant's account, else, it will be rejected.

Ulfat Ali

Aug 17, 2022
It's because UAE is not eligible for SDS. And yes, it must be from main applicant's account, else, it will be rejected.
Salam

Thank you for your response.

May I ask which bank you got your GIC from in the UAE? It's fine, I can use my own account, but I just found out that we can't apply from the UAE; we have to come to Pakistan and get the gIC certificate, or we can apply for a study permit without it.

Did you get your study permit from UAE or there were rejections if you don't mind

Regards,
Ulfat

Ulfat Ali

Aug 17, 2022
I got the LOA last month I will be applying for my study permit with my husband and baby still preparing the documents can you advise anything which I should look into as a UAE resident?

I have not done the medical and

Thanks in advance

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Salam

Thank you for your response.

May I ask which bank you got your GIC from in the UAE? It's fine, I can use my own account, but I just found out that we can't apply from the UAE; we have to come to Pakistan and get the gIC certificate, or we can apply for a study permit without it.

Did you get your study permit from UAE or there were rejections if you don't mind

Regards,
Ulfat
I applied for my study permit from Pakistan, opted Bank Alfalah and CIBC (Canadian)

aziptr

Feb 22, 2023
Hi, say we are a family of 3. I am applying for a study permit and my spouse will apply for an OWP. Our daughter is 16 years old. Is she required to apply for a study permit too?

For the proof of funds for a family of 3, will this suffice?
Student- 25,000 CAD tuition + living expenses
Spouse - 4,000 CAD living expenses
Child - 3,000 CAD living expenses - If she will apply for a study permit too, I assume I should also include her one-year tuition fee. Do you have any idea how much it will cost on average?

Thanks in advance.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi, say we are a family of 3. I am applying for a study permit and my spouse will apply for an OWP. Our daughter is 16 years old. Is she required to apply for a study permit too?

Child - 3,000 CAD living expenses - If she will apply for a study permit too, I assume I should also include her one-year tuition fee. Do you have any idea how much it will cost on average?

Thanks in advance.
If your daughter is attending high school then it's free. Would suggest to contact the local school board and get an admission letter which you can use to apply for your daughter's SP.

Which province are you applying for?

aziptr

Feb 22, 2023
If your daughter is attending high school then it's free. Would suggest to contact the local school board and get an admission letter which you can use to apply for your daughter's SP.

Thanks for answering. I have yet to decide between Alberta and Ontario. Someone said I can apply for her study permit together with mine, and attach my LOA instead. Then, we can process everything else when we arrive in Canada. What are your thoughts on this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

There is no need to get a letter from a Canadian school. You just have to indicate that the child will be attending the local public school in the catchment area they live in. Most schools won’t give a letter in this case since they have no proof of address and they aren’t registering their child as an international student and paying tuition.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for answering. I have yet to decide between Alberta and Ontario. Someone said I can apply for her study permit together with mine, and attach my LOA instead. Then, we can process everything else when we arrive in Canada. What are your thoughts on this?
You should be applying for a study permit along with you study permit and your spouse’s OWP. Do you already have TRVs? What do you mean processing everything else after we arrive? You should have the permits before coming to Canada. Given your child’s age they are close to graduating high school. They will have to pay international fees if they want to attend university/college. It is unlikely that you will have PR before she wants to start post-secondary education.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks in advance.
How much do you have for living expenses? An extra 7k is not a lot for 2 accompanying family members. To rent a home with another room will likely use up 7k and you haven’t factored in other costs like food, transportation, etc.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
There is no need to get a letter from a Canadian school. You just have to indicate that the child will be attending the local public school in the catchment area they live in. Most schools won’t give a letter in this case since they have no proof of address and they aren’t registering their child as an international student and paying tuition.
Canadian schools don't give the letter, the school board does. And mine is just a suggestion.