+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa with Family Dependents

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
Dear All,

I like to apply Master program at Canadian University as student with my spouse and son. My age is near 40 years and working full time job in my country. The total tuition fee is approximately CDN 24,000 in Manitoba. It will be highly appreciated if someone can help me to reply below questions so that I can prepare accordingly.

1. How much proof of fund required to show in bank statements? So far I know, 1 year living expenses are also need to show along with tuition fees. I have funds as fixed deposit. Is it acceptable?

2. Recently, a large number of student applications are rejected due to stating "Poor Country Ties". What does it mean?

3. Is there any challenge to apply student visa with family? If so, what do you recommend? Should I apply visa first and then apply visa for family later on?

4. My spouse's sister is Canadian permanent resident. Can she sponsor?

5. What documentation are required to file a strong student visa application?

Deeply appreciate your prompt response.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Dear All,

I like to apply Master program at Canadian University as student with my spouse and son. My age is near 40 years and working full time job in my country. The total tuition fee is approximately CDN 24,000 in Manitoba. It will be highly appreciated if someone can help me to reply below questions so that I can prepare accordingly.

1. How much proof of fund required to show in bank statements? So far I know, 1 year living expenses are also need to show along with tuition fees. I have funds as fixed deposit. Is it acceptable?

2. Recently, a large number of student applications are rejected due to stating "Poor Country Ties". What does it mean?

3. Is there any challenge to apply student visa with family? If so, what do you recommend? Should I apply visa first and then apply visa for family later on?

4. My spouse's sister is Canadian permanent resident. Can she sponsor?

5. What documentation are required to file a strong student visa application?

Deeply appreciate your prompt response.
1) 1 year tuition + 1 year allowance + plane ticket.
2) Poor country ties means that you have less reason to return back to your own country. Example family ties. If you bring your family with you in Canada you will have less reason to return to your country.
3) What you should do is apply alone then once your visa is approve apply for your family later on. So best to apply early.
4) Yes she can sponsor you and help you with the expenses like providing an accommodation instead of renting a place for your own. She can provide an affidavit of support telling that she will support you on your education.
5) Provide as much information as possible

Reactions: hussain-lala

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
well explained above. Your home ties also include your financial assets and your job which are the reason for your return. try to get leave from your employer with letter that they will allow you to resume your job after you return from canada. you GP fund balance is also your financial asset. Fixed deposits are acceptable finacial assets.

BTW my case is similar to you. i am also going to be 40 soon, have 3 kids , applying for student visa with whole family. but only difference is that i have government job with 16 years experience so my return is a must. besides, i am going on my government's schoalarship.

if i were you, i would have applied alone in the first instance and after getting my visa would apply for family.