+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa when siblings already live in Canada

ManuM

Nov 22, 2019
What are the chances of getting a student visa to Canada for me when my brother is a recent PR holder and I have 5.5 years of gap in education since last graduation (valid work experience exists)? Having a brother with PR in Canada will have any negative impact on my application?

FedUpOfCiC

Jan 16, 2019
nobody can possibly know dont be silly

yes, but how much no one again can possibly know for your case
You will have to fill in "Family Information" sheet, where in you include your family member;s details and where they stay.
Conversely, your brother will have submitted your details. This easily shows your ties in Canada.
They will know every details. If you try to hide and they find out, under the accusation of misrepresentation, you may get blacklisted.

About the impact of having siblings in Canada in study permit approval, I am anxious to know too. I have a similar condition. My brother has however applied already and I am waiting to see what will be the outcome.

ManuM

Nov 22, 2019
You will have to fill in "Family Information" sheet, where in you include your family member;s details and where they stay.
Conversely, your brother will have submitted your details. This easily shows your ties in Canada.
They will know every details. If you try to hide and they find out, under the accusation of misrepresentation, you may get blacklisted.

About the impact of having siblings in Canada in study permit approval, I am anxious to know too. I have a similar condition. My brother has however applied already and I am waiting to see what will be the outcome.
Thanks for the response, kindly post once you get a decision from CIC, hopefully there should not be any issues. What are the documents you submitted to show ties to home country?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
What are the chances of getting a student visa to Canada for me when my brother is a recent PR holder and I have 5.5 years of gap in education since last graduation (valid work experience exists)? Having a brother with PR in Canada will have any negative impact on my application?
It does have an effect but if your brohter is independent and doesn't require you or your sponsor to support him it wouldn't matter that much but again no one can know for sure unless there is a visa officer lurking on these forums

Apr 19, 2021
Have you managed to get Visa? Please update (in a similar situation here)

Arshfromttly

Aug 20, 2021

So what was the result?

AntonPeach

Sep 2, 2014
Hello, would like to know know if ots true that theres a lesser chance of being approved for student visa if you have a sibling/parent in Canada? Thank you..