Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
Finally I recieve an email from an uni confirming my admission for Jan 2010 session. The uni has not yet dispatched original offer letter yet. If they do so on Monday and I will be able to appy for student Visa on 1st week of December.

Will that be too late for 9th Jan 2010 session @ Delhi Visa office?
What is normal visa application time before session starts

Tomst

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/14-temp-students.asp

rock_style82

Oct 23, 2009
Actuall process time is 28 days .you can not expect actuall visa preocess time.It might be late....myne is already 3 months .didn't get visa till now.I applied from delhi embasy only

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
If I apply on 1st week of December, do I get time for medical?? My class starts from 1st week of Jan. Christmas holiday also coming up!!!

kista

Aug 24, 2009
yea Christmas holidays can be a problem. Medical is mandatory. But still you may try, you would be able to join a little late in case u didn't get visa in time.

saeed khan

Star Member
Nov 14, 2009
@ kista how long does it take from pakisatan to get a visa?? btw dude still no call for medical..... man i am freakin out lol ;S

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Visa time depends on when ur classes are starting. If ur term start date is closer i think they expedite the process a bit. But usually its 2 to 3 months.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
My classes will also start from 4th of Jan and I received my admission letter today. I went to the fedex office (in karachi) today and asked the guys over there that what should i do. One of them was very helpful and he advised me not to apply right now and defer my admission to the next term since its almost next to impossible to get a visa within a months (or a month and a half) time these days.
He said medical alone usually takes 1 month now.
So my plan right now is to defer my admission and apply for visa for classes starting in the next session .... might be a different case altogether in India. I hope im taking the right decision.

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
I can not apply for Student Visa right now as my original offer letter has not arrived yet. It will arrive only on 1st week of December. It means I will have only 4 weeks befire my classes start.

Please suggest.
Shall I request university to send offer letter for Sept 2010? If I apply for Sept 2010 session, when can or shall I apply for Student Visa?

Is education loan neccessary as I already have Can $ 50,000 (normal one year exp is Can $ 29,000 including tution fees) in banks including provident fund ?

kista

Aug 24, 2009
@aj
I think there is no harm in applying now. If there is not enough time CHC will return all documents itself stating that there is not enough time to process your application. Secondly, you can always defer your admission to next term even if you apply for Jan term.
@tomst
Right now you can apply with Jan letter and if you don't get visa in time you can ask them the admission letter for next term.