+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa- they asked me for my CV!!

drifty

Oct 16, 2013
Yes, I did email them asking for an update. To the first email they replied : you're files are being reviewed in Canada and that they can't expedite it as they're waiting for some verifications. About 10 days later I emailed them again and explained that it's becoming very difficult for me as there's only a month until my classes and I haven't done any arrangement as I'm waiting for them ( I wasn't in a good mood so maybe got a bit informal ) the very same day they asked for a description of my PhD and previous degrees and diplomas which I provided. Other than that nothing! I feel restless. It's not like planning a picknick. It's about arranging a four-year stay!

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
I know I completely agree with you as it is not possible to arrange to move abroad in the space of days. From my experience London seems to have the longest Visa processing times. When I emailed them a long message they replied very informally in maybe 2 lines. If this is how long Student Visa Processing times are I wonder how long PR applocations take!

drifty

Oct 16, 2013
to make the situation perhaps worse. just today I realized that I have answered a question incorrectly! how careless i am! :-X
the asked me if i receive any scholarship and i replied no. but when i was looking at my admission letter today i realized i do! the problem came from a misinterpretation. I understood incorrectly that the money i was getting for research assistantship was salary but the letter cites that as scholarship. they have that letter btw, but yeah! I screwed there! anyways, immediately after realizing sent them an email an corrected the info. that info was sent over a month ago. any idea what's going to happen now?! i mean i apologized for it. it was a mistake

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

Have you heard anything about your visa application? I received an email today asking if my spouse has a British passport.

drifty

Oct 16, 2013
Nope. Nothing. I deferred my admission to May. But again I'm not sure if you ever mentioned your situation.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drifty said:
it wasn't an answer to my question ::)
You want to move to Canada? You better learn that here it is called a resume. So use that word instead and you may get more accurate answers.

drifty

Oct 16, 2013
Everyone with access to Google knows CV and Resume are almost the same. Thanks though, very helpful.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drifty said:
Everyone with access to Google knows CV and Resume are almost the same. Thanks though, very helpful.
If you want to get ahead of the game here in canada, start getting used to calling it by the canadian correct name. You send an application in to a prospective employer in Canada using the word CV, your application is most likely going straight in to the bin. They actually care and pay attention to wether you care or not.

English here IS different to UK.

AhmedHamdiMansi

Jul 31, 2014
Later on, how was the situation?
I applied on 2014.05.23 and just today they asked for my CV.
I am going to be a visiting PhD student for only 1 semester starting in September.
I can not arrange accommodation nor to book a flight and the prices are hitting the sky right now.