+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rejections for a VFX Course

May 28, 2015
Hi Friends....It is my first post here. ;D

I am very much worried about Visa rejection based on backlogs. But I have relevant experience of 4 years in the same field.

My Profile:
SSC 78% in 2002.
Intermediate 63% in 2004.
Took a gap of one year so that I can prepare myself for Engineering Entrance Test(EAMCET) 2005.
Joined BSc(maths, electronics & computers) in 2006 as I was not able to score a decent rank in EAMCET.
Completed my graduation in 2009 with 55% and 18 backlogs (which is supposed to be cleared in 2008).
After my graduation....I have joined an animation course in August 2009. And in April 2011, I got my first job as a VFX Artist. From there on, I was successful in my career. Now I am working as a Sr. FX Artist in one of the best VFX companies of South India with a total 4 years work experience.

I have applied for LostBoys School of Visual Effects, Vancouver and got admission there. My problem is that my Graduation is not relevant to the course I am planning to do there. But, my work experience is. Does VO consider that or will he be rejecting my Visa based on my Graduation results?
I have recommendation letters from my employers and Visa supporting letter from Lostboys School. Are they going to help me by any chance?
Higher Education in VFX was always on my list. There are no training institutes in India that teach Houdini. LostBoys is teaching exactly what I am looking for.

Do we have anyone in the forum with similar background?

Please give me some suggestions on how to apply.

Thank you Guys.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - the fact you have work experience in the field and the letters from your employers should certainly help. You should also write a letter yourself explaining why it is important that you take this course for your career and the fact that this specific course is not available in your home country. If possible, your employer's letter should also mention that there is a job waiting for you when you return home after you finish your studies in Canada.