+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rejection from Pakistan

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
My sister did M.Sc(Applied Physics) specialization in electronucs. She has applied for Student VISA from pakistan.
She got admission in M.Eng (Quality system Engineering).

For the funds to pay concordia uni. fees and living expenses. (she showed Canadian 5000$ and her sister she is in canada with Pemanent Residence status showed 10,000 CAD $ for her sister's Tution fees and she will stay with her sister)

She got two rejection points in the rejection letter;

1. You have not satisfied me that you have adequate funds available to you to pay for your tuition and living expenses while in Canada and to return to your country of residence as required by R220.

2. they said that "you have similar program of study in pakistan and they are not satisfied that she is going only for study"

what you recommed her to clear these 2 rejection points, and when should she re-apply the case?

How much money is suffiecient?
and
how she can justify that the courses in Concordia are good that courses in Pakistan Universities?

t_boy

Oct 16, 2009
Reviewing applicants for financial sufficiency

Officers need to satisfy themselves that applicants have sufficient financial resources to pay their
tuition fees, transportation costs to and from Canada, as well as living expenses for themselves
and any family members who may be accompanying them, without the need to engage in
employment.

Students are required to demonstrate financial sufficiency for only the first year of studies,
regardless of the duration of the course or program of studies in which they are enrolled. In other
words, a single student entering a four-year degree program with an annual tuition fee of $15,000
must demonstrate funds of $15,000 to satisfy the requirements, and not the full $60,000 which
would be required for four years. Officers should be satisfied though that the probability of
funding for future years does exist, i.e., parents are employed; scholarship is for more than one
year.

Since the same course is in pakistan, she will have to explain why he/she wants to go to canada for higher education, a cover letter will be fine.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Did you mention any source of income?
Further, you applied for M.Engg. after M.Sc Physics, so u r changing ur program, Eplain that in a statement of purpose.
I think u need to write a statement of purpose to explain why r u going to Canada and how is ur program related to job opportunities in Pakistan.
Show more in ur account. U may show more than one sponsor, other one can be any blood relative.

biba

Feb 22, 2007
Hello,

Just to shed some more light on what t-boy said a single student entering a four-year degree program with an annual tuition fee of $15,000
must demonstrate funds of $15,000 and $10,000 living expense so u should show estimated funds of about $25,000 for one year. If you have family accompanying u shld show an additinal $4,000 for each person hope this helps.

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
well since its a ME program, she is the one who has to pay fee. so he has to show full funds. they wouldnt accept that her other sister who has a PR status in canada is just going to spend 10K on her studies and time in canada only to see her go back to pakistan after the completion of the program to find a job. its is not logical since the visa officers do understand the cultural background precisely.

again, after gaining aan MSC degree, if a candidate is interested in spending a whopping 10K for course based ME then a visa officer will duly be concerned about the candidate's motivation. is it academic or it is economic?

it is usually easier to get a student visa if you go for an univ than a college, however many factors do come into play.
in her case, it was pure logic that went against her.

now there is a way out. since her application has already been accepted by the univ, she can contact the dept to see whether if any prof will take her for a PhD. usually profs will take one for MS and then ask them to transfer to phd after a yr.
if an univ accepts her a phd candidate, then with it comes financial aid.
if she applies with this, 1oo% she will get a visa. I did it myself. I stubbornly refused to show 10K and just wrote a letter on the spot saying that I have full aid and i dont see any necessity to show proof of funds. i got my visa in 3 days.

the reason that i am confident that she might a MS or Phd offer is, her app is already with the univ. its easier for a prof to accept someone who was already found eligible by a departmet of a univ where he/she works. this would cause months of delays, but it will work.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Yeah, i agree with the financial matter. She has 2 show atleast 1 year fee and leaving expanse.
Now, she has 25,000 CAD$ in her account which will full fill the financial problem the 1st objection.
But i m still worried about second objection which is:

"you have similar program of study in pakistan and they are not satisfied that she is going only for study"

1. What will she do for avoiding this objection?
2. The last reply from: Raman_Ram shows that if she will take admission in Research then may b her case will be strong.
But i m still worried wat should b the second solution to avoid that?
3. Three months bank statement will be enough. Because now she will apply for Summer in Fab 2010?

Waiting for replies. Its really helpfull for me.

Thank you and Regards,

Saima

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
i have spent 3 yrs doing studies and work in a canadian univ. have seen tens of cases. so please try the research option. there is no way of reapplying with proof of funds and hope the officer to overlook the second condition for approval. if that was the case at the first place, then condition 2 wouldnt be there. there is no short cut. they build a client id no for ur sis app and they will always go back to it from here on for any dealings with the canadian gov. so its better if she does the rt thing...a yr later in canada, she can successfully apply for immig. hope this helps.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
applying for second time is really tough for your sister because she is already been rejected.
when i was applying from pakistan i showed them:

- I dont have relatives in canada (even i have)
- There is no such research program in pakistan ( i was applying for MCS research based, bt ur sis's program is project based)
- I showed them i have $30k (i just showed them my father's buisness's transactions nd prooved them he can maintain tht much amount in a year even at that time my father's account have Rs.1500,000)
- I will leave canada once i finish my studies.

They rejected ur sis's case bcoz of following reason
- your other sister is already living in canada so there is no reason ur this sister will be back after studies
- ur sister applied to a program which is already offered in many uni's in pakistan so it is clear she is not going for study purpose but using student visa to settle over there
- u didn't showed enough funding $5000 is not even sufficient for single term bcoz international fees are very high, i am currently paying $5500 for each semester.

I still remember they interviewed me for an hour, focusing on why didn't u applied to other country, wht will u do after that, will u be back after studies and will u visit ur parents during summer vacations etc

my answer to all question was NO, nd point is to remain consistent to ur answer whtever u give throughout interview.

I showed them i am engaged n my faincee is living in pakistan so definitely i will be back after studies coz i have to get married after that nd she will be waiting for me so there is no reason i wont come back

and reason why i choose canada for further studies is because of life security, research environment, law and order, equality to all cultures etc

and finally i got the visa

i hope my experience might help ur sister in future

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Now my sister have applied for M.A.Sc(Electrical.
But now i m woried about two points:

1. she changed her program from Course based to Research based.
2. Previously she was in Quality system engineering and CHAC rejected bcoz the courses also available in pakistan. and she couldnt able to find good research area related to quality in the same dept. and uni. Now, she changed her department as well. Now she applied for TResearch in Electronics.

But i am worried visa officer can say:

y u changed program and dept?
May b now the case wont be strong bcoz of rejection.

Kindly guide me regarding that/

Eagerly waiting for reply.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
samahmedpk2000 said:
Now my sister have applied for M.A.Sc(Electrical.
But now i m woried about two points:

1. she changed her program from Course based to Research based.
2. Previously she was in Quality system engineering and CHAC rejected bcoz the courses also available in pakistan. and she couldnt able to find good research area related to quality in the same dept. and uni. Now, she changed her department as well. Now she applied for TResearch in Electronics.

But i am worried visa officer can say:

y u changed program and dept?
May b now the case wont be strong bcoz of rejection.

Kindly guide me regarding that/

Eagerly waiting for reply.
Has your sister submitted her application? Even if a certain course is available in Pakistan, she could say that education and training is far superior in Canada and it would greatly bolster her chances at landing a better, higher paying job when she goes back to Pakistan. She can take a look at the curriculum in Canada and compare it with two or three similar offerings in Pakistan. In this way she is not actually "fishing" for a course that will help her obtain a study permit.

saeed khan

Star Member
Nov 14, 2009
@ ram may i ask u a question....

i am from pakistan.... i showed bank statement of 6 months... and the balance is sufficient to support my studies for 4 yrs. then i showed a good amount of property (value = can easily support 8 to 9 students for 4 yrs bsc)... but as my dad quit his job i didnt show any proof of employment i only told them in a cover letter that he worked for a multinational from 1986 to 2004... do u think they can make a fuss out of this... thank you