+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa rejected

vickyvignesh

May 24, 2012
Hello,

I applied for student visa and got rejected today :( .I applied for Global Business Mgt program Centennial College.

My profile
UG : Bsc Viscom 68%
PG : MBA HRM 60% (Part time)
I have 4 years of work experience.

Kindly suggest whether I can chose any other course ? plz help

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
Hello Vicky,

Getting a student visa after such a long gap in the study, and field experience needs strong application. Like you need good score about 6.5 bands in IELTS no less than 6 in each. Strong SOP which enlightens your purpose of study plus strong tie to your home country leads you to come back after completion of the study.

I am also in the same boat, I have experience of almost 5 years now, Looking to apply for a student visa for Sept. intake. I haven't decided yet for any course or college. Right now concentrating on IELTS.

Which kind of work experience have you? Is your course satisfying the progression of career?

vickyvignesh

May 24, 2012
Hello Ketan,
My IELTS overal band 6.5 with no band less than 6.
I have 4 years experience in HR/Admin field. Even I completed my MBA- Part time in 2015.

which course u have planned to do ?

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
vickyvignesh said:
Hello,

I applied for student visa and got rejected today :( .I applied for Global Business Mgt program Centennial College.

My profile

As rightly said by ketan, to have logical progression in your career, the only choice for you is to study further at same level of current studies. If you manage to get acceptance in Masters degree relevant to your previous studies and experience, and with strong statement of purpose. You will get the study permit. If you couldn't, you can only try for PG program with good sop but chances of visa will be low.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
What is the level of program you applied for?

nicedev92

Jul 15, 2016
vickyvignesh said:
Hello Ketan,
I have 4 years experience in HR/Admin field. Even I completed my MBA- Part time in 2015.

Hello Vicky,

I which year you completed your graduation and what is your age.?

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
vickyvignesh said:
Hello Ketan,

Hey Vicky,

My case is slightly tougher than you, I did MBA in finance from UK. completed in 2011 since then I am doing the job but not in the field which I studied. I am working as Business Development Manager. So if I want to get study visa I have to choose the course related to my field experience like Marketing management or ?

All consultants in Gujarat are refusing my case by saying, it is a high risky case. But I just want to take a chance.

Please keep in touch to share each one experience.

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
Just wanted to add.

Please do not go for GBM or IBM. Because nowadays these courses are being so common and VO knows all MBA student are going through these courses only.

Better to choose some specialize courses like Project management or any other. (I know MBA student have limited options to choose their specialization) but be more narrow about your selection by your field experience and past study.

vickyvignesh

May 24, 2012
Hi,

I applied for Post Graduate Certificate Program.

My age is 24 and I completed my PG MBA - HR (part time in 2015).

Can any one suggest me what type of courses I can choose?

Shall I re apply with GBM with strong SOP or any other program. I am looking for 2 years program.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
vickyvignesh said:
Hello,

My profile

What was your work experience in ? MBA HRM and going for diploma program does not make sense.

Nandan93

May 22, 2017
Hi,
I am applying for 1 year pg project management in IT course in canada. I have a master’s degree in IT from india. I have 1 year of IT experience. Is there a possibility that my visa be rejected as I have a master’s degree and applying for 1 year course. I have seen in many blogs that student visa may be rejected which shows intentions of settling back in Canada.
Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.

brij.always

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Just wanted to add.

Please do not go for GBM or IBM. Because nowadays these courses are being so common and VO knows all MBA student are going through these courses only.

Better to choose some specialize courses like Project management or any other. (I know MBA student have limited options to choose their specialization) but be more narrow about your selection by your field experience and past study.
Same problem with me too brother i completed mba hr with in 2016 apply for GBM nd got rejected i am planning to apply this sept intake with PG HRM is it relavant to mba hr??? Or go for anyother course like labour relation or project management or any else?? Suggesttion please ielts 6.0 speaking 6.0 listening 6.0 writing 5.5 reading 6.5