+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Rejected --Jan 2017 intake

Annam

Nov 23, 2016
Hello All,

My visa got rejected Its stated that:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment , level of establishment , language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
But its not the exact reason i guess..

My profile
Tenth:84%, inter:83%, engg (ece):65% worked for 10 months as a trainee (embedded systems) , pgdm (finance) 75%, worked for 1.8 years in amazon as a accounts payables analyst applied for douglas college project management British columbia n submitted the visa through Bangalore Vfs on Nov 17th got on Dec 1st as rejection ..this is really sad:(.. sop was also strong still rejected..

Wt do u guys suggest me to do now..please help..

Also may I now what a capis is?

Annam

Nov 23, 2016
Hello All,

My visa got rejected Its stated that:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment , level of establishment , language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
But its not the exact reason i guess..

My profile
Tenth:84%, inter:83%, engg (ece):65% worked for 10 months as a trainee (embedded systems) , pgdm (finance) 75%, worked for 1.8 years in amazon as a accounts payables analyst applied for douglas college project management British columbia n submitted the visa through Bangalore Vfs on Nov 17th got on Dec 1st as rejection ..this is really sad:(.. sop was also strong still rejected..

Wt do u guys suggest me to do now..please help..

Also may I now what a capis is?when and how and why and where to apply for it ?

What if I apply for a new coarse financial planning now ?will they again reject?

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
You studied engineering properly, then only did a short diploma in finance with some work experience and now applying for a course more related to business rather than finance. Go for a course more pertaining to finance and apply with a strong sop explaining why you changed careers first and also explain how this new course is better suited for finance which is what you have studied (PGDM) and have work experience. You should get it then.

Annam

Nov 23, 2016
Thank you for your response trickott..but now if I apply for another coarse wont they get a doubt y m changing the coarse and wont they again reject?And also project management can be done by anyone even though they havent done any finance backgroud..so m getting tensed what if I change the coarse and they reject for it:(((

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Annam said:
Thank you for your response trickott..but now if I apply for another coarse wont they get a doubt y m changing the coarse and wont they again reject?And also project management can be done by anyone even though they havent done any finance backgroud..so m getting tensed what if I change the coarse and they reject for it:(((
They will find it suspicious, but it would be easier to explain that you have applied for a better course more in line with your studies than explain how project management is the perfect course for you after a finance background. They will not see that anyone from finance background can do the project management course, they will see that you're not a genuine student for picking a business course after studying/working finance and in the past changed from engineering too. Your case is tricky already.

Reactions: dreamy2536

Annam

Nov 23, 2016
Thank you so much for your help trickott.what are the chances you think I have if I keep the same college n same coarse and provide them with strong sop?

Annam

Nov 23, 2016
Hello All,
Can you please let me know what are the required documents while re applying for May 2017 and when can i submit it?and how long will it take for them to respond under general category?

dimplegod9

Nov 26, 2016
Hello All,

Mine was rejected too. Below my profile.
Reason for Rejection- Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of the following : your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Applied under General category, offline on 17th November.
Graduate: Bachelor in Management (Marketing) BMS from Mumbai University
Work Experience: 6 years in sales.

IELTS: 6.5 Band, with no subject below 6 band.

GIC: Paid
1st Semester Fees: Paid
Fund: 20 lac bank loan + 10 lac savings.
Applied Course: PG in International Business Management from Lambton college, January 2017 intake
All experience documents submitted with SOP.

Looking for a advice.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Annam said:
Hello

Can anuone help me with this issue pleaseeee
Above response is valid...you need to choose program of study based on your previous education. Thats is main rejection.
I have seen people change and re-applied. Visa officer dont care, they dont go in detail of Y u change it?

Annam

Nov 23, 2016
Thank you for your response...but what if they get suspicious if I change the coarse and not give me visa again?