+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa rejected based on ...

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
Student visa rejected based on -
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).

Should I reapply?

Ali01

Aug 26, 2020
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).

Should I reapply?
Whats your profile and timeline?

Antega

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Its almost 10 months since i applied complete app but they updated with only medical exam last november soon its going to be almost year since i submitted

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
Whats your profile and timeline?
Dec 3 2020 - online application SDS
Dec 4 2020 - Submission confirmation
Jan 11 2021 - Biometrics correspondence Letter
Jan 11 2021 afternoon - refusal letter

Should I rewrite the SOPs? Any advise from anyone?

co2020

May 31, 2020

Should I reapply?
You should reapply if you can address those concerns the V.O has noted.

Ali01

Aug 26, 2020
Dec 3 2020 - online application SDS
Dec 4 2020 - Submission confirmation
Jan 11 2021 - Biometrics correspondence Letter
Jan 11 2021 afternoon - refusal letter

Should I rewrite the SOPs? Any advise from anyone?
Can you please tell your profile and where you applied from? Your program? Your passing year?

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
Can you please tell your profile and where you applied from? Your program? Your passing year?
Sorry, what do you mean by profile?

I applied from India.
Graduated with BA in Finance in 2018
Have certificate in business as well in 2016

The program I applied for is Culinary Management at George Brown College

co2020

May 31, 2020
By fixing my SOPs you mean?
Not really
Proof of ties to home country. How beneficial would your program be to your home country. Are there job opportunities in your home country for that field you have chosen.
Look for another program that aligns with your educational background and has a lot of employment prospective/need in your country.

When you address those then you can add an SOP to make the VO understand the need for qualified (nurses or whatever you are applying for) in your home country.

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
Not really
Proof of ties to home country. How beneficial would your program be to your home country. Are there job opportunities in your home country for that field you have chosen.
Look for another program that aligns with your educational background and has a lot of employment prospective/need in your country.

When you address those then you can add an SOP to make the VO understand the need for qualified (nurses or whatever you are applying for) in your home country.
Thanks co2020. We have a restaurant in India and I did mention about coming back home to expand the business. Wondering where I went wrong? Or should I look for another program like advanced diploma or Masters?

co2020

May 31, 2020
Thanks co2020. We have a restaurant in India and I did mention about coming back home to expand the business. Wondering where I went wrong? Or should I look for another program like advanced diploma or Masters?
What program did you apply for and what is your educational background?

Some points you can consider are:

How much does your restaurant make that you are willing to spend so much for education?
Did you attach the proof of your restaurant business license, tax receipts etc. So the VO can understand how well your restaurant is doing and how an expansion would be beneficial?

cocoaplan

Jan 11, 2021
What program did you apply for and what is your educational background?

Some points you can consider are:

How much does your restaurant make that you are willing to spend so much for education?
Did you attach the proof of your restaurant business license, tax receipts etc. So the VO can understand how well your restaurant is doing and how an expansion would be beneficial?
The program I applied for is Culinary Management at George Brown College. I wanted to be a Chef

And I applied from India.
I graduated with BA in Finance in 2018 and have certificate in business as well in 2016
Could it be because of my previous education?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Of course you need to change the course related to your finance background, owning a restaurant business is not that favourable towards the approval criteria on paper.