+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refused

Anirudhrr

Jul 21, 2022
Hello guys, i had a student visa refusal on july 21. Reason is-- you have not established that you will leave canada after your temporary stay. And your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studie.

As i have done my master's in networking in Australia and now applied for certification program (project management).

So what do u guys suggest shall i differ and reapply for visa.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys, i had a student visa refusal on july 21. Reason is-- you have not established that you will leave canada after your temporary stay. And your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studie.

As i have done my master's in networking in Australia and now applied for certification program (project management).

Thanks in advance.
Your planned studies in Canada need to be at the post graduate diploma level (or another masters).

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks in advance.
When did you submit your application and can you share your timelines please and your place of application ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You have a Masters and project management is a certification that doesn't require a college program. You can get certified through the Project Management Institute based on your masters and work experience. You don't need to come to Canada and spend all that money. You are not showing education progression nor justifying the costs of such a program with a higher salary in your home country.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Thanks in advance.
Im sorry to say this, you set yourself for refusal. How applying Certificate in PM having Masters Degree in Networking in Australia show progression? What is the motive and intent? Best way was to go for Phd

nitin_0018

Jan 22, 2018

Thanks in advance.
There could be plenty of reasons of Visa rejection and not solely your master's degree. I have seen many cases where students got visa for Project management certificate program after their master's degree. You need to clearly justify the reason of choosing this program and show progression in your SOP. Your need to design your SOP in such a way that your previous education / work experience and future education will form a link to convince the Visa officer that you are a bonafide student. You should request for CAIPS notes to see the exact reason of Visa rejection, work on it and then resubmit your application. Definitely, you should consider for deferment if there is less time left for the intake to start.

Reactions: anuragipushp

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
There could be plenty of reasons of Visa rejection and not solely your master's degree. I have seen many cases where students got visa for Project management certificate program after their master's degree. You need to clearly justify the reason of choosing this program and show progression in your SOP. Your need to design your SOP in such a way that your previous education / work experience and future education will form a link to convince the Visa officer that you are a bonafide student. You should request for CAIPS notes to see the exact reason of Visa rejection, work on it and then resubmit your application. Definitely, you should consider for deferment if there is less time left for the intake to start.
You may need to read again reasons from original post, copy paste "Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualification and previous studies" end of quote...Also, I'm curious to know when you wrote "I have seen MANY cases where students got visa for PM Certificate program after their Masters degree" Can you share those "MANY" cases? I have seen none... I hope we are offering honest opinion, that he can take and work on it if he wants to make next move, not putting hope where there's none. It takes effort and proper planning to overcome first rejection. CAIPS will detail more on reasons he already know/given.

nitin_0018

Jan 22, 2018
You may need to read again reasons from original post, copy paste "Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualification and previous studies" end of quote...Also, I'm curious to know when you wrote "I have seen MANY cases where students got visa for PM Certificate program after their Masters degree" Can you share those "MANY" cases? I have seen none... I hope we are offering honest opinion, that he can take and work on it if he wants to make next move, not putting hope where there's none. It takes effort and proper planning to overcome first rejection. CAIPS will detail more on reasons he already know/given.
When I say I have seen many cases, I literally mean to say I have spoken to them. There are a lot of people I have connected with on my Linkedin who are either pursuing or have already completed a Post Graduate Certificate program in Project Management from Algoma University, Project Management Certificate program from Macewan University Continuing education, Graduate certificate Program in Business Analysis from University of Manitoba extended education and University of Calgary continuing education, University of Winnipeg continuing education Project management certificate program. You can easily find people on Linkedin when you look for these universities with the program name. It is all about justifying the reason of studies in your SOP.

P.S. - I am a mature student who already completed post graduate diploma in business administration from India and now planning to study in Canada. All these universities I mentioned are on my list. First being University of Manitoba which is unfortunately closed for Jan intake. Once it opens up, I am going to apply for May 23 intake.

Last edited:
Reactions: anuragipushp