+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refused

ali19

Sep 26, 2016
I am a resident of Malawi having a Pakistani passport. I applied for a Canada student visa on 16th May via paper application in Pretoria, South Africa as there is no Canadian embassy or Canada visa application in Malawi. But on 11 July my application was refused with the following reasons:

1) Pursuant to section 219 of the immigration and refugee protection regulation, i am not satisfied that you;
-have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to pay the tuition fees for the course or program that you intend to pursue.

2) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. in reaching this decision, i considered several factors including;
-Purpose of visit
-Current Employment situation

3) Other Reasons
Applicants are required to provide funds sufficient for tuition for the first year of studies and CAd$12,000 for travelling expenses. We do not accept their party or business funds.

I had provided the following Document with my Application:
1. Document Checklist
2. Application For Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1294)
3. Family Information Form
4. Visa application fees and bio metrics fees
5. Photocopy of my Passport
6. Official Letter of Acceptance from the university
7. As I am a sponsored Student, I provided Sponsors bank statement and His Affidavit.
8. Letter of Explanation
9. Police Report From Malawi

Now there’s option for me to reapply if I can address the Concerns in the refusal letter, however I will again have to go to Pretoria, South Africa( go through visa process for South Africa first), as I have a Pakistani passport and I am required to provide biometrics again or as many people have been suggesting me that I should visit Pakistan which is my home country and apply from there.

But I am not sure if I can apply from Pakistan as my whole family is here in Malawi and I completed my high school education here as well.

Any help/comment in this situation will be highly appreciated.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Apply from Malawi itself. That's not the problem.

Fortunately, your reasons for refusal are easily correctable.

I'm guessing the refusal letter says "We do not accept THIRD party funds"

who is your sponsor? did you show any proof of relationship with him/her?

ali19

Sep 26, 2016
harvijay1001 said:
Apply from Malawi itself. That's not the problem.

Fortunately, your reasons for refusal are easily correctable.

I'm guessing the refusal letter says "We do not accept THIRD party funds"

who is your sponsor? did you show any proof of relationship with him/her?
thanks for your reply.

no they said "Applicants are required to provide funds suffecient for tuition for the first year of studies and CAD$12,000 for travelling expenses. we do not accept their party or business funds."

and my sponsor is not my relative, he is a family friend which he wrote in his affidavit.

Dace122

Sep 23, 2016
how Current Employment situation is easy to correct? mine was denied for the same reasons as him, excluding the family stuff and adding the personal financial status stuff, tuition i wil pay for the entire course in advance.

smukuvare

Mar 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine was also refused for the same reason that one we don't allow third party funds

On the other reason it was written we are not satisfied that you will be in Zimbabwe by the time of your departure I had visited South Africa and did my medicals there.

So beware if you come and apply in South Africa you might be told that reason too, better apply from Malawi they will send your documents to Pretoria

ali19

Sep 26, 2016
smukuvare said:
Mine was also refused for the same reason that one we don't allow third party funds

On the other reason it was written we are not satisfied that you will be in Zimbabwe by the time of your departure I had visited South Africa and did my medicals there.

So beware if you come and apply in South Africa you might be told that reason too, better apply from Malawi they will send your documents to Pretoria
there isn't any Canadian embassy or Canada visa application center in Malawi, so even if i apply online i still have to visit a Canada visa application center to provide my bio metrics because i have a Pakistani passport.

thats why many people are advising me to go to Pakistan (my home country) to reapply,but my question is can i even do that because i have been living in Malawi for the past 13 years.

Dace122

Sep 23, 2016
just to bring this post up again
1) Pursuant to section 219 of the immigration and refugee protection regulation, i am not satisfied that you;
-have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to pay the tuition fees for the course or program that you intend to pursue.
i corrected this by paying the full year in advance and showing then 18k cad on my wife's account, 28k cad on my sponsor

2) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. in reaching this decision, i considered several factors including;
-Purpose of visit
-Current Employment situation

How i correct this? this was the only 2 reasons i got refused, how this is easy correctable?