+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refused...I don't understand the reasons

scions

Jun 6, 2014
Hey, I managed to secure admission with annual scholarship $6000 in Memorial University in Newfoundland and Labrador province. My program is MA Sociology and per semester fee is $975. My visa got refused on following basis,

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, I am not satisfied that you:
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
your travel history
your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

I could understand the first one as I had submitted my provident fund statement and my mother's bank statement that was 20 Lakh PKR collectively and her property documents also.
I have travelled to India, SIngapore and Dubai. Does this refusal requires travel to western countries like UK, USA, Canada or Europe, Australia etc.
What kind of family ties does one need to show. I did mentioned this in my Statement of purpose that I'll come back for my parents and am going there for good international education only.

I am very confused and disappointed. What shall I do now? Can anyone or any senior give any suggestions. :(

scions

Jun 6, 2014
Nah, I don't have anyone in Canada. There are my mother's cousins but we are not really in contact with them as such. Besides, they don't reside in Newfoundland where my University is situated. I thought that if one needs to have anyone in Canada then its important that the person is someone very close, like husband or parents or something.
I just don't understand one thing. These people ask us to provide evidence that we will come back after doing what we are supposed to do there and then they put an allegation that they are not sure of 'my family ties in Canada and in my country of residence'.

This is ridiculous.

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can either try a second time with more money, or access to check your notes on CAIPS to see more detailed notes, which explains why you were refused.

scions

Jun 6, 2014
MonBec said:
You can either try a second time with more money, or access to check your notes on CAIPS to see more detailed notes, which explains why you were refused.
CAIPS?? whats that. Could you please tell me more about it??
Thanks alot

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is a system where you can retrieve the actual notes marked down by an officer on your file. you can pm me for more information.

scions

Jun 6, 2014
Hey Thanks for the link. But I think this link is not that of the authentic CAIPS. I came to this conclusion because CIC website also gives out the procedure to request CAIPS. Only a canadian national of resident can request for this and there is a complete procedure for this that requires the payment of 5$. I am just concerned about the safety. :)

scions

Jun 6, 2014
Thanks. I will request my CAIPS file to know what are the exact reasons and what is the explanation that they have given for refusing me.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
scions said:
Hey, I managed to secure admission with annual scholarship $6000 in Memorial University in Newfoundland and Labrador province. My program is MA Sociology and per semester fee is $975. My visa got refused on following basis,

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, I am not satisfied that you:
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
your travel history
your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

I could understand the first one as I had submitted my provident fund statement and my mother's bank statement that was 20 Lakh PKR collectively and her property documents also.
I have travelled to India, SIngapore and Dubai. Does this refusal requires travel to western countries like UK, USA, Canada or Europe, Australia etc.
What kind of family ties does one need to show. I did mentioned this in my Statement of purpose that I'll come back for my parents and am going there for good international education only.

I am very confused and disappointed. What shall I do now? Can anyone or any senior give any suggestions. :(

20 Lakh PKR approx 2,220 CAD? I think you should atleast have CAD 10k.

scions

Jun 6, 2014
Right now 1CAD=90PKR. According to this 1000CAD = 1 Lakh PKR
I think you can calculate the rest of the stuff yourself. :)

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
scions said:
Right now 1CAD=90PKR. According to this 1000CAD = 1 Lakh PKR
I think you can calculate the rest of the stuff yourself. :)
If 1CAD = 90PKR then 1,000CAD = 90,000PKR , isn't it ?

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
scions said:
heheheh I tried to be on the safe side for other friend, who thought that 2000 CAD= 20lakh
Try if your mother can have a loan atleast for another 80lakh and then apply after 4 mos so it will not show in her bank statement.