+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refused from Saudi Arabia

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salam to all i'm an Indian national who has been studying in Saudi arabia for past 12 years, I completed high school from an indian school here. I submit my application for visa in september 2010 and i received refusal
letter after 15 days stating 2 reasons

1. Regulation 179 I would not leave Canada, not strong ties to country

2. Not sufficient funds to cover my stay

please anyone help needed

pekhom

Nov 12, 2010
Obeid_oo said:
Salam to all i'm an Indian national who has been studying in Saudi arabia for past 12 years, I completed high school from an indian school here. I submit my application for visa in september 2010 and i received refusal
letter after 15 days stating 2 reasons

1. Regulation 179 I would not leave Canada, not strong ties to country

2. Not sufficient funds to cover my stay

please anyone help needed
could u tell me about ur visa file(funds, tution fees, course, college)?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i showed 18000 CAD 2 months bank statement

applied for bachelors in business administration course (4 year) at the University of Prince Edward Island

tuition 5910 CAD per semester ,

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello newtone .. would it be ok if i show enough funds for a year and ties to country but select a diiferent course and change my institution to a college and course from BBA to electronics engineering(2 year course) . I can say that my 12th grade transcripts are science which is genuine .. would it work?

helppppp

Muzammil88

Jan 11, 2011
I'm a Pakistani student and today my application too got refused from the Canadian Embassy, Riyadh. I'd applied for M.Eng at Western Ontario.
reasons
1.you haven't satisfied me the you'd leave .................
2.travel history
3.my immigration status
4.length of proposed study in Canada
and the most amazing reason is 5.limited employment prospects in my country of residence. REALLY???? I'm an Electronic Engineer for heavens sake

would someone please guide me what points to keep in mind as I'm probably gonna reapply in September.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salam Muzammil , i think you and I are the only two people on this forum who are from Saudi Arabia on Iqama and both of us are expats . I'm Indian from Jammu and Kashmir. I'm also planning to re-apply in September of this year from CHC Riyadh . I have selected Holland College for Electronics engineering technology. We can help each other by keeping in touch through this forum regarding how to re-apply for Canada study visa, I hope you will agree. I live in Ad- Dammam- Eastern Province .

I'll try to explain what the reasons possibly mean one by one

You have not satisfied me that you would leave_____ because

1. Travel history

I think your travel history would have something to do with your past ten years of traveling this may include eg- staying in another country for prolonged periods,being refused visa to countries that was not mentioned while applying for study visa to Canada or any other points that raise an eye on your previous travelling.

2. immigration status

this could have something to with your IQAMA or current status in Saudi, either the IQAMA is close to expiry date or you did not apply for a re-entry visa to Saudi Arabia in your Passport before applying for Canada visa. The Embassy guidelines require that expats applying from Saudi issue a re-entry visa to Saudi before applying to Canada.

3. length of proposed study in Canada

I'm not quite sure why he raised this as a reason.. however from my understanding this would be in regard to your Letter of acceptance from western Ontario, maybe the start date and end date of your course was not mentioned properly in the letter ..i may be wrong on this.

and finally coming to the most amazing reason

4. limited employment prospects in my country of residence

unfortunately this reason may be a genuine one, I'll explain why he may have given this reason.
I checked the website of western Ontario for engineering, the website states that the engineering courses have clear motives on green energy, sustainability, innovative technologies. The bottom line is that the Visa officer wants you to know that the M eng degree from western Ontario would land jobs only in America and probably Europe not in your country because they have motives for sustainability. Students applying from countries like China,Nepal,Pakistan , India , Bangladesh would have same problems in explaining the Visa officer how this green technology course can land a job in their developing country, who are currently focusing on Industry driven Engineering (free from green Tech).

I hope we can discuss further about our refusals

Muzammil88

Jan 11, 2011
Hey Obaid, I live in Riyadh

Travel History
My travel history is that I've lived in Pakistan for a little over four and a half year when I was getting my undergraduate degree and I've never applied for any other country visa. Even though my passport was full of at least two exit & reentry stamps a year and I thought frequent travel would make my application look a little better but it didn't. and it doesn't matter now coz I gonna be applying with a new passport as my current one will expire by the end of June.

Immigration Status
My Iqama doesn't expire until August 2012. Though I had not applied for the exit and reentry visa before submitting the application but I didn't find a condition that one must apply for the reentry visa as I have a Pakistani passport and I can return to Pakistan when ever I like. I was a bit doubtful about this one and maybe it has taken its toll.

Length of Proposed Study
I had to complete 10 courses to get my degree and it was clearly stated in the Letter of Acceptance and also the start date was clearly mentioned on it.

Limited Employment in my country of residence
I'd applied for M Eng in ECE Power Engineering and in where on earth would an electrical engineer won't get a job. There's so much development going on in this region(middle east) and there is to job crises what so ever here.

Now what I think the reason for the refusal is I some how need to show strong ties with my country of residence and I don't know how to do that at the moment. I don't have any property in my name and all I have is a bank statement(actually my fathers bank statement as he was sponsoring my education and they didn't object on that)

I think we need to find a councilor or may be someone in the forum would be of any assistance. be in touch man.
and someone please drop any suggestions you think will be helpful.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salam Muzammil,

I think the fact that you studied 4 and a half years for graduate in Pakistan and decided to apply from Riyadh looked like an eye raiser, and not from your country . I don't think that a bank statement will demonstrate enough ties unless your father is sponsoring so you have enough ties I suppose. It would be better if you explain to the visa officer why the passport was full of at least two exit & reentry stamps for Saudi in past year.

Like I said I maybe wrong about the Acceptance letter , it would have something to do with your proposed stay in the Travel information form regarding departure date or something, 1 year 90 days is the required period that you would be issued a visa because course is one year and also Post graduate.

The Visa officer does not care about the middle east as far as your job is concerned , he is concerned about your country and the job offer.

A councilor won't help much I've tried seeking help from many like Al-FIFA , and also some other friend's .

Muzammil88

Jan 11, 2011
now I think I know what went wrong. they have changed the requirements now, the check list has been changed. when I was applying for the permit there was this application kit ( canadainternational.gc.ca/saudi_arabia-arabie_saoudite/visas/study-apply_demande-etude.aspx which btw isn't there anymore) it had all the application form, travel from, supplementary form and application check list all of which has now been changed and now they also require the copy of my exit and reentry visa, that's why it said "my current immigration status".

man this is so unfair, I'd submitted all the documents as required by the latest forms that were available on their website. I don't even have the admission now, gonna have to restart that painstaking admission process all over again.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry InshaAllah you get your visa. Just follow the guidelines given in the checklist every month until the month in which you re-apply cause the Canada Embassy keeps changing rules so do your homework also stay in touch with this forum ,take note of every reason of refusal in your letter , you will be prepared in the best manner. What do you plan on showing or writing regarding the limited employment in your country ?

Muzammil88

Jan 11, 2011
regarding the limited employment in the country of residence I think I'm gonna have give them a job offer letter, which is gonna be really hard to get but I think it's very important now that my application has been refused once. I gonna ask some people how to make my next application more coherent, will let you know when I get any replies.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome, I had applied for visa at CHC Riyadh on 13 october 2010. my application was refused 31 october without any medicals ,

2 reasons

1. regulation 179 that i would not leave Canada after completing my studies because I would be motivated to stay there, because I had not provided proof of ties with INDIA. (that's a genuine reason by the way)

2. Proof of funds ( again my mistake)

I had applied for January semester at University of prince Edward island BBA ( 4 year undergraduate course)
i'm surprised that he did not refuse me on the basis of course mismatch, because i'm science student however i think because i have good academics he didn't raise that point.

Now InshaAllah I'm re-applying in june for september semester at Holland college I selected Electronics Eng,( subject that is related to my academic background)

regarding the funds and ties my dad would do the required.

Try applying to the University of PEI or Memorial university of Newfoundland , they have very high acceptance rate and low tuition fees also , plus their M eng courses are industry based.