+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Refused for Insufficient funds - Help!

choubisahit

Jun 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply!

So what should I do then? Should I reapply from India; if yes, then do I need to go back and then apply? or can I do it from Poland, and If I get the Visa application accepted, then I will go back and submit my Visa?

Is it a good idea to write a letter of explanation, which has the whole story....as my wife got a better opportunity after I got admission....
While you fill up your application form, you can mention from where you want to apply. So, you can choose India in that particular option while mentioning your current residential address as Poland.

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
Apprantly you have to follow the visa office rules from the country where you are applying
In india its gic and stuff, which can be hetic at times
Try from poland visa office

Sofi@4238

Jul 19, 2018
I have applied for my visa on 18june and no response yet. Even i dont know if my medicals are approved or not. The online tracking shows " is being processed with the canada visa office - New Delhi" its more than a month now

Preet01

May 30, 2018
I have applied for my visa on 18june and no response yet. Even i dont know if my medicals are approved or not. The online tracking shows " is being processed with the canada visa office - New Delhi" its more than a month now
I also applied for my visa on 18june and no response yet. can you share your profile?

akashpune

Jul 17, 2018
I could be a little late for u would have already figured out method of opening GIC. All the same, here is what I know:
1. Try ICICI Canada. Open GIC Acct online. I gave my banker's address, although I sent passport photocopy as required. ICICI Canada has helpful helpline (I think operating in India).
2. You will get you Investment acct details and method of transferring funds within a day or two on email. I sent CAD 10175 as required by SWIFT from an account held BY ME jointly with my father. It could be your Parent's acct, but check this on ICICI Canada helpline. Not withstanding my passport address, ICICI Canada accepted the Banker's address (This is automatically generated when your Bankers make SWIFT Transfer.
3. Two days for SWIFT to reach ICICI Canada for processing. Within 3 working days of receipt ICICI Canada will send you Certificate of Deposit.
1-800-200-3340
Email at customercare.ca@icicibank.com

4. You could also do this in Scotia Bank. But their helpline is not very conducive.
Timeline:
23 June Submitted Application online to ICICI Canada to OPen GIC Investment Acct.
24 June ICICI Canada confirmed details of my GIC Investment Acct
25 June Made SWIFT Transfer.
28 June receved confirmation of deposit.
5. Do not worry if ICICI Canada has no Branch at the place you intent to study., This Bank will give you the procedure to access your GIC money through Canada Post Office(s) opening an acct in Post Office in Canada.