22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hello everyone!

I am an Indian Girl, residing in Qatar since last 5 years with my parents and siblings. Recently I applied for Student Visa under SDS and it has been rejected on numerous reasons which leaves me highly disappointed -

1) Travel History ( I have traveled for both official trip ( Philippines ) and leisure trips (UK and Turkey on my own expense in the year 2019 ) )

2) Purpose of Visit ( I had provided statement of purpose, letter of acceptance for MBA. Is there other document/ information I missed?)

3) Current Employment status ( I'm a mid-career level - HR Compensation Analyst in Qatar healthcare system which is in World's top 5. My company will retain my employment contract even if I leave for my MBA. They are expecting me to join back the corporation with a higher career role.
Also I have founded and run my own business of a fashion house along with my mother in Qatar )

4) Personal Assets & Financial Status : I had already paid 75 % of my university fees, full term residency fees, CAD 10,500 as GIC , tickets, Bank Balance of CAD 10,500.
Though I dont own any property back in India under my name; but I do own 2 cars in Qatar collectively worth CAD 55K+ and some jewelry worth CAD 10-12K. But I had not mentioned this in my SOP. Wondering if my parents/ brother is required to be added as my sponsor ?

5) Family ties in Canada and country of residence : I dont have any family member or relative in Canada and how to prove my ties in country of residence. My parents reside in Qatar since last 18 years and even I did a part of my schooling in Qatar but graduation in India and returned back to my parents in Qatar in 2014.

Do I need to order GCMS notes or consult an immigration lawyer for this ?

I would appreciate any help or guidance on the information that I missed to mention to the Immigration officer. Thank you so much in advance.
how did you apply through sds? if you arent currently residing in India

seff786

Apr 26, 2019
So many things wrong with this application.
the girl says she paid 75% of the tuition for the first year (reality is you gotta pay 100%)

She says she applied through the sds stream (reality is she has to be physically present in India in order to be considered for this; And last I checked Qatar applicants can not apply through this stream)

and I am sure there are other inconsistencies which I would not like to list down, but either ways very haphazard way of applying for a permit and no wonder the rejects, I hope on your behalf that you have been getting really bad advice because even a cursory glance through this forum should enlighten you to what one should and should not do.

hope you atleast get your money back.

Reactions: Vikas1006

atlanticbay

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
@rkhan1 I am in the process of applying for a study permit. how did you mange to get your GIC done? i believe you must be living in India to fund your GIC. if you could please guide me.