+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refusal

Apr 15, 2019
I have applied for Student visa and Today I got refusal and they have given me reason that, "You have not submitted written documentation from the educational institution where you intend to study that states that you have been accepted to study there."

However, I have submitted my university offer letter, Fees payment receipt, fees structure, my student enrolment number and each and every document which is related to my application (including funds,property, work experience, academic docs, GIC, IT return). But they have given this reason. *My MS course is in same field of my B.Tech. means I haven't changed my study field and I am having 6.5 IELTS with no less than 6 individual*

Any one could help me in this? I have applied offline and vfs officer has verified every documents, can VFS help me?

Apr 15, 2019
Yeah, I am sure. Because vfs authorities have packed the whole file in front of me. And I have checked 4 times before submitting the file.

Apr 15, 2019
Yes, I am having enrolment letter from my university and My university only provides the only document nothing else regarding my enrolment.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, I am having enrolment letter from my university and My university only provides the only document nothing else regarding my enrolment.
When you say "my university"... you do mean the Canadian one you applied to, right?

Apr 15, 2019
Just making sure. It does seem odd. Can you post the text of the enrollment letter here? Remove any personal info.
I wish I could, but its two page of LOA but on the last page they have written that, "This is your official, final letter of acceptance. Please present this letter to apply for your study permit. This letter has been issued electronically" which I have highlighted. AS I HAVE STATED EARLIER THAT I HAVE ATTACHED ALL MY ACADEMIC AND ADMISSION REGARDING DOCS. I am 200% sure that not a single doc is left to attached.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I wish I could, but its two page of LOA but on the last page they have written that, "This is your official, final letter of acceptance. Please present this letter to apply for your study permit. This letter has been issued electronically" which I have highlighted. AS I HAVE STATED EARLIER THAT I HAVE ATTACHED ALL MY ACADEMIC AND ADMISSION REGARDING DOCS. I am 200% sure that not a single doc is left to attached.
It's possible that IRCC made an error. Since you say it's a long letter, perhaps they skipped the last paragraph or something.

You should do two things

1. Get in touch with your university and tell them what happened. They may have seen this before and have some advice for you - perhaps they can issue a different (shorter) letter or something.

2. Apply for your GCMS notes while you wait for a response from the university. These notes take a month, but will have more detailed information on your file, with the officers notes. Maybe he didn't like something about the letter.

Eventually you have to reapply, of course, but you should get some information before you reapply. Either your university knows exactly what happened, and tells you how to fix the issue. Or, if they are as baffled as you, the GCMS notes should tell you what's going on.

What university is this anyway?

Apr 15, 2019
It's possible that IRCC made an error. Since you say it's a long letter, perhaps they skipped the last paragraph or something.

You should do two things

1. Get in touch with your university and tell them what happened. They may have seen this before and have some advice for you - perhaps they can issue a different (shorter) letter or something.

2. Apply for your GCMS notes while you wait for a response from the university. These notes take a month, but will have more detailed information on your file, with the officers notes. Maybe he didn't like something about the letter.

Eventually you have to reapply, of course, but you should get some information before you reapply. Either your university knows exactly what happened, and tells you how to fix the issue. Or, if they are as baffled as you, the GCMS notes should tell you what's going on.

What university is this anyway?
Thank you so much for your help, I got admission in University of Windsor.

May I apply for GCMS and apply for visa simultaneously? Is it advisable and worthy step?

should I consider it as a serious issue? if yes then I have to apply for GCMS and wait for response but if it isn't then I may re-apply in within 1-2 weeks.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you so much for your help, I got admission in University of Windsor.

May I apply for GCMS and apply for visa simultaneously? Is it advisable and worthy step?

should I consider it as a serious issue? if yes then I have to apply for GCMS and wait for response but if it isn't then I may re-apply in within 1-2 weeks.
Double and triple check your application. Make sure you didn't make a mistake. If you catch a silly mistake, then yeah, you can apply again since you'll have a good idea what went wrong.

If you're absolutely sure you didn't make a mistake in submitting your application, then I would wait for the GCMS notes. The chances of a simple error are not that high - it happens, but it's not the most likely explanation. If the officer saw something in your file that he didn't like, and put those notes in your file, you will get rejected again.

If you can wait, you should.

Apr 15, 2019
Double and triple check your application. Make sure you didn't make a mistake. If you catch a silly mistake, then yeah, you can apply again since you'll have a good idea what went wrong.

If you're absolutely sure you didn't make a mistake in submitting your application, then I would wait for the GCMS notes. The chances of a simple error are not that high - it happens, but it's not the most likely explanation. If the officer saw something in your file that he didn't like, and put those notes in your file, you will get rejected again.

If you can wait, you should.
okay, thank you so much for your help.