+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa refusal. Need help!

Genych

May 16, 2007
Does it mean if someone is trying to get a student visa applying to a private institution in Canada the chances are almost nil? I have just tried to sponsor a daughter of my friend from Senegal and she was rejected because of a number of reasons:

They are not satisfied that she has enough finances to support her studies and her living expenses in Canada (Which is not true because I already paid tuitions for the whole year and submitted a notarized sponsorship letter staying that I am willing to pay for all her expenses while she is studying in Canada)
The visa officer is not satisfied that she will leave Canada at the end of the period of stay authorized. More exactly, she did not convince the agent of the visas that the bonds with her home country were sufficiently strong to guarantee your return after your stay to Canada (I honestly don't know what to say about that because she was offered a very good position in a local company and a completion of this course was a condition of her employment there)
she did not provide the visa officer the required items
In particular, I am not satisfied that following information is true:

1. You do not hold a letterer valid acceptance emitted by a recognized educational establishment. (She was officially accepted to Sprott-Shaw Community College in Vancouver, which is a more that 100 years old private institution officially regirested in British Columbia)
2. You did not obtain the certificate of meaning of Quebec (CAQ) necessary for studies in Quebec. (This is the most confusing statement because she was not applying for studies in Quebec)
3. You do not have proves that your academic profile was appropriate being studied which you plan to follow to Canada. (Yes, that is partially true. She has not finished a high school but she was accepted by the college as a mature student for a specific program - ESL/Business Computer Skills for 1 academic year)

What do you think could it mean and what we can do in this situation to resolve it? It looks to me that the visa officer was not very attentive to the details and simply overlooked a lot of details in my friend daughter's file. Should we submit a complain to the Embassy's First Secretary? Or we can try to enroll her to another institution and apply for a student permit again? I would appreciate any suggestion or actual help in resolving this problem

Genych

May 16, 2007
I got the reply from CIC office and they advised me to access the CAPIS notes where visa officer has mentioned the actual reasons of refusal. To re-apply we have to see the CAPIS notes from visa officer’s system as issued letter is just a standard template and does not show the factual reasons. To access CAPIS notes, there is a procedure, where she has to sign IMM documents to authorize our office to check her IMM file from CIC Abidjan office. There is a waiting period of 3 to 5 weeks to get the CAPIS notes. Also, CIC fee of CAD$365 will apply.

Does anyone know if it would make any good for her? To me, I would like to know the real reasoning behind the decision made. Any other thoughts or suggestions folks?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Genych said:
I got the reply from CIC office and they advised me to access the CAPIS notes where visa officer has mentioned the actual reasons of refusal. To re-apply we have to see the CAPIS notes from visa officer’s system as issued letter is just a standard template and does not show the factual reasons. To access CAPIS notes, there is a procedure, where she has to sign IMM documents to authorize our office to check her IMM file from CIC Abidjan office. There is a waiting period of 3 to 5 weeks to get the CAPIS notes. Also, CIC fee of CAD$365 will apply.

Does anyone know if it would make any good for her? To me, I would like to know the real reasoning behind the decision made. Any other thoughts or suggestions folks?
Actually if you are in Canada, and receive authorization from her, the cost of the Access to Information is $5.00. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/department/atip/index.html

PMM

Genych

May 16, 2007
By the way, does it apply for her case if she is not a Canadian resident? Can I still access her case file, if she gives me the authorization?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Genych said:
By the way, does it apply for her case if she is not a Canadian resident? Can I still access her case file, if she gives me the authorization?
Yes, as long as you have the authorization.

PMM