+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa help

AKIF MOIN

Dec 12, 2011
SOP means statement of purpose. Following are the header which should come in your SOP:

1.Applicant
Give a short intro about yourself

2.Educational Background
Your education complete background

3.Field of Interest
The course you choice to study, why you are interested to study this

4.Why NAME college or NAME university & Canada:
why you choice this college/university to study and why you want this course from Canada?

5.Financial Assistance
Whose going to finance your studies and what are your expenses during your studies

6.Purpose of Study & Career
After completing your studies what will be your career and where you will stand after it.

saqib69

Jan 23, 2013
can u please send me the sample of study plan as well!

i am in a similar situation!

ur help would be appreciated!

saqibshahzad888@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot!

NadiaSamir

Nov 2, 2011
ribcanada said:
I am a Bangladeshi resident residing in Dubai. I finished my schooling here and thereafter decided to continue further studies in Canada. I received a full tuition scholarship from Trent University, Ontario. I applied for a study permit to the Canadian visa office in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Since my fathers financial position was not solvent, I secured sponsorship from my first cousin who is a canadian citizen. Her tax assessment showed her income to be 30,000 dollars. She further showed 14,000 dollars for my living expenses for the first year.
My visa application was refused and the reason mentioned is that I do not have enough financial resources.

I plan to apply again with the right requirements. I have the following questions:

1) My scholarship covers my entire course tuition fees. Do I still need to show funds for tuition expenses?
2) Can some one sponsor me from Bangadesh. Do they have to be my relatives. Can friends sponsor? If so, then how do I show any relation with the sponsor?

Hi,

Kindly tell me when did u submit ur file to abudhabi embassy and how long did they take to respond u.

I would be highly obliged if you could solve the above issues.

athena321

Nov 26, 2013
can u please send me also the copy of study plan. (starz012379@yahoo.com)It might help to my sister’s situation. Thanks

mourinho

Aug 23, 2018
Hey rib,

So sorry to hear about your refusal. The funds shouldn't have been an issue as you'll be studying under scholarship. You showed your sponsor's funds regardless, which should have been more than enough for your living expenses. It was just poor luck as far as I can conclude.

For your info, Visa Officers don't like applicants having relatives in Canada. I have no idea why but I have seen very few people making it to Canada on a Canadian sponsor's support. Relatives or friends CAN sponsor you but I wouldn't recommend that. You'll have to submit another pile of documents explaining and proving your relationship with your sponsor, reason behind a 3rd party sponsorship, why your parents aren't sponsoring you instead, etc etc. And VOs don't like 3rd party sponsors either. There are abstract reasons that count as factors when handling an application where the applicant is being sponsored by a 3rd party.

There are 3 major points that the VO initially clarifies:

1. That you are a genuine student who wants to improve your academic standing and theoretical & practical knowledge.

2. That your sponsor is financially stable.

3. That you will leave Canada at the end of your study period. (Most students fail to prove this point)

Point 1 definitely seems ok. Your university wouldn't have given you a full bright scholarship otherwise.
Point 2 and 3 need to be proven in order for your application to be approved.

What I can suggest is for you to get a sponsor in Bangladesh who is an immediate family member (for eg: your parents or siblings). You need to get a notarized declaration of sponsorship which is done on stamp papers worth 150 BDT (also known as AFFIDAVIT). In addition you'll need your sponsor's bank statements, employment certificate, income statements, tax certificates and property evaluation. Point 2: cleared.

Properties act as a country tie. If your dad has properties or fixed assets in Bangladesh, you (as his child) will very likely take after him. And no one would be foolish enough to just throw away their properties and leave them be :p. Therefore, you'll be forced to LEAVE CANADA and come back to your own country to claim and/or look after them (thus, clearing point 3).

Furthermore, you'll need a study plan explaining your intent to study in Canada and leave Canada at the end of your study period, while also explaining why and how you plan to do it. Study Plans are not mentioned on the checklist and therefore, students don't tend to attach one with their application. But it plays a very important role in visa issuance. Interviews are hardly conducted at CHC, so your study plan contains a set of "pre-answers" to questions that MAY arise in the VO's head.

If you need samples of Study plans and affidavit, then post your email address here and I'll mail them to you.

This may sound all lengthy and complicated but trust me once you get started, it's going to be a lot more easier than you could imagine.
I was also refused a visa last year but Alhamdulillah I made it through this year :).

I apologize for not having illustrated my points clearly so please don't hesitate to post your doubts and confusions.

The seniors could help you out further, especially the UAE applicants :)
hi, please can you send to me a sample fo the study plan to my email: pwedzenny@yahoo.com.
many thanks