+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa got rejected...what to do next??

jaspreet220593

Star Member
May 27, 2018
india
Hey
My student visa got rejected and it was written as follows in the rejection note.

After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Please guide me on what improvemnts do i need to make if I wish to re apply.Thanking you in anticipation.
What is your profile and for which course you had applied and how much funds you have shown

Harisree

Sep 17, 2018
What is your profile and for which course you had applied and how much funds you have shown
I am an engineering graduate in Electronics and Communication engineering.I got admission for Wireless Networking at Lambton college.I have already paid the first and second semester fees and showed my parents' annual income as a total of 9.5 lakhs

jaspreet220593

Star Member
May 27, 2018
india
I am an engineering graduate in Electronics and Communication engineering.I got admission for Wireless Networking at Lambton college.I have already paid the first and second semester fees and showed my parents' annual income as a total of 9.5 lakhs
Can you also tell me the percentage and I will be good if you share your sop so that people can give you some advice

Harisree

Sep 17, 2018
Can you also tell me the percentage and I will be good if you share your sop so that people can give you some advice

My sop:

I, Harisree Kumaran, from Kerala,India have successfully completed Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering at Mar Athanasius college of Engineering, affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala in the year 2017.

While I was doing my secondary education, smartphones became very popular across the globe and the world witnessed the emergence of all new innovative technological era and scientific advancements. As a science student, I eagerly wanted to know about smartphones and its working as it seemed to make human lives smarter. Later, I came to know that pursuing electronics and communication engineering is the first step if one desires to build a career in electronics field.

After I acquainted with different subjects of engineering I realized that Computer Networking is the field that I should steer my career towards, as I felt I could do well in this field. During my final semester, with great dexterity, I completed my engineering project ‘EEG BASED BRAIN CONTROLLED WHEEL CHAIR’ which is based on wireless transmission of brain signals. All these things created an affinity in me to procure a job in wireless networking field. So, soon after the completion of my studies, I began to search for jobs and that is how I came to know the tremendous number of opportunities in this particular field especially in my home country, India.

It was while I started facing these job interviews, that I realised I lacked expertise in this field. It would be easy to secure a job, however to reach the positions I want to reach and to excel in my field of expertise, I require the knowledge skill and practical knowledge, best available in the market. Hence I decided to specialize in that subject.

As the institutions in India and the curriculums they offer, largely concentrate on theoretical studies, I began to search for courses offered by foreign countries and institutions as I have heard they offer good practical exposure as well as theoretical knowledge. My inclination towards practical implementation of knowledge beyond theories made me choose Canada as the first option as the country follows an education scheme where engineering theory is combined with practice to equip the students with the skills to meet the challenges of the organization where they are likely to be exposed to. Also world class education at fair fees is what Canada offers for their international students. Hence I decided to pursue my 2 year graduate certificate in Wireless Networking from Lambton College, Mississauga, Ontario, because the curriculum here focuses on the collection and transfer of data through wireless related areas such as networks, servers, embedded systems and other wireless technologies. In addition, the program will enhance all learning outcomes through a Coop work term option which will provide hands on experience. All these seemed to ensure a promising career and I strongly believe that the qualification from Lambton College will enhance my potentialities for a plenty of opportunities in my home country.

With great hope, I eagerly wait for the respective authorities to grant me a study permit visa to Canada in September 2018.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Firstly, it sounds more like a SOP for college and not for Visa purpose. Secondly, now that your application is rejected, you should apply for Masters and not for such programs.