+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa from philippines -RPh

Mayaril

Mar 4, 2017
Hi everyone ;)

I'm Maya, can anyone help me? your opinion or advice will be greatly appreciated.

So yes, I am planning to study in Canada specifically in Edmonton. I am a RPh here in the Philippines with 2 years experience in community setting but currently unemployed as I just recently resigned. I am quite unsure on what course or program to take, I did not consider Pharmacy Technician due to the cost/budget. As I exhausted Google I found out NAIT's medical transcription, it's a 1 year program and is somewhat related in terms with the course listings. Is it a good choice? Esp if I plan to acquire PGWP and eventually apply to be an immigrant.

I might consider also Biological sciences - Laboratory and Research a 2 year program but looking through its course listings I felt overwhelmed with the subjects and I think it requires technical writing like thesis or something. "Baka Hindi ko kayanin yung mga subjects" Kaloka!

But here's the thing, I'm the only one left here in the Philippines and my parents are residents in canada , it might affect my application since I don't have a strong ties here in my home country - only an obligation to pay monthly dues for land and a car under my name. That's it

Those are my questions about my program and my parents being a canadian residents in Canada.

Thank you

HopeTrust

Jul 12, 2019
Hi everyone ;)

I'm Maya, can anyone help me? your opinion or advice will be greatly appreciated.

So yes, I am planning to study in Canada specifically in Edmonton. I am a RPh here in the Philippines with 2 years experience in community setting but currently unemployed as I just recently resigned. I am quite unsure on what course or program to take, I did not consider Pharmacy Technician due to the cost/budget. As I exhausted Google I found out NAIT's medical transcription, it's a 1 year program and is somewhat related in terms with the course listings. Is it a good choice? Esp if I plan to acquire PGWP and eventually apply to be an immigrant.

I might consider also Biological sciences - Laboratory and Research a 2 year program but looking through its course listings I felt overwhelmed with the subjects and I think it requires technical writing like thesis or something. "Baka Hindi ko kayanin yung mga subjects" Kaloka!

But here's the thing, I'm the only one left here in the Philippines and my parents are residents in canada , it might affect my application since I don't have a strong ties here in my home country - only an obligation to pay monthly dues for land and a car under my name. That's it

Those are my questions about my program and my parents being a canadian residents in Canada.

Thank you[/QUOTE

You mentioned that your parents are already in Canada. If they or any of their friend is willing to "hire" you as a caregiver you can try this option. The program is Home Child-Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot, This was launched just last June 18, 2019.
You can skip the student pathway.