+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa for my 3yrs old daughter...Help Please

solanah

Oct 2, 2007
I'm a Live-in Caregiver from the Philippines and went here in Canada with Temporary Resident Visa, I would like to know if I can apply my daughter for a Student Visa,so she can accompay me here in Canada.I'm a Single mother,and It's really difficult leaving my daughter from my country,can you please help me???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

solanah said:
I'm a Live-in Caregiver from the Philippines and went here in Canada with Temporary Resident Visa, I would like to know if I can apply my daughter for a Student Visa,so she can accompay me here in Canada.I'm a Single mother,and It's really difficult leaving my daughter from my country,can you please help me???
3 year olds don't require study permits, and in most provinces children of work permit holders don't require study permits if their parents work permit is valid for a year. You will probably have difficulty getting a TRV for your child to come to Canada as a visitor as CIC/CHC will probably question where the child will stay, since you are supposed to be a live-in Caregiver.

PMM

Kids

May 10, 2008
Sorry I chose this method, as I thought my question will get lost in the crowd.

I am in Study visa until end of 2009 and my wife who accompanied me as a visitor got her status changed to work-visa. I want to bring my both kids (less than 12 years) and assume a TRV is the choice. My question is: who should be the applicant? myself or one of my kids? If I fill the form, the TRV form looks like it is not for one who is already in Canada. or a 'minor' can submit an application? Then it will be better to have a representative in our country to follow up the process? We want the application be processed while we are here and if possible, find someone raliable (close friend or relative) to bring them who has a valid entry permit once the kids get their visas (so do the chaperone).

Do I need to ask for an approval for such unusual accompanying from Immigration Canada or a notatized letter will be enough?

Many thanks,