+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student VISA Expired - Urgent Help!!!

Usmanpkz

Mar 20, 2013
Hello everyone!

I'm an International student in Canada. I was initially issued a student visa and study permit of almost a year which ended in October 2012. i applied for an extension of study permit and got my permit extended till December 2013 but i thought that all i had to do at that point.

now my visa has been expired since then but i have a valid Study permit till the end of this year.

Can someone guide me regarding this. is this a big error? what should i do now?

any help would be highly appreciated. thank you in advance!

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Usmanpkz said:
Hello everyone!

I'm an International student in Canada. I was initially issued a student visa and study permit of almost a year which ended in October 2012. i applied for an extension of study permit and got my permit extended till December 2013 but i thought that all i had to do at that point.

now my visa has been expired since then but i have a valid Study permit till the end of this year.

Can someone guide me regarding this. is this a big error? what should i do now?

any help would be highly appreciated. thank you in advance!
VISA is required just for entry in to country (Specially when you are travelling from some country which is not G-8 member)
If you have valid study permit you can stay in Canada as on legal status. But to explain the legality of status bit further I would like to add that if you are not performing the activity for which the VISA is purposely issued than you are breaching law and could land in trouble later.

So if you have Study permit, which compulsorily attached to a college and course, you are supposed to attend you classes. If you are absent or drop your course for which CIC is not informed than you have moved toward breaking a serious law for which you can be deported.

I guess I explained it to you in enough detail