+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa doubt on showing Proof of Funds.Please help

alwinraj1291

May 5, 2018
Hello Friends,
I have admit to study in a University in Canada for Fall 2018 intake. And I finance myself not taking any loan from bank.
Now, I am in process of Applying Student Visa.

1. For visa I have applied GIC (Paid from my account as that is mandatory)
2. University fees paid receipt. (But, this I paid via my friend living in Canada and he is holding PR status.)

But, now I came to know that even university fee should be paid from either my account or my parents account only as Visa office will check my bank statement for past one year where , it should reflect that amount was deducted for University fees payment.But, as said before my university fees is paid from my friend's account in Canada.
I have transferred him the fees via wire transfer from my home country from my parents account and that record will be their in my bank statement and he paid my fees locally in Canada via Netbanking.

So, how can I handle this situation now , Should ask my friend to give any letter or affidavit that he paid fees on behalf of me ??

Please help me.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
No worries.. it doesn't matter who paid your fees, where the funds for fees was been made neither the account it was paid from

What matters is for there to be a substantial funds in the account(not a huge once deposit but deposit of intervals) to show that there is sufficient funds to sponsor the studies

Just show your bank account, acceptance letter, and fees receipt. you don't need your friend to get any affidavits or show any evidence for helping you pay the fees

You don't even need bank statement of 1yr but maximum 6months. Stay calm and carry on your processing

Good luck

Reactions: PARAM-

alwinraj1291

May 5, 2018
Thanks in the 1st place for your time to help me here... And bro below list is given in immigation website. Point 6 and 7 is wat confusing. And some say they will sure reject you don't provide the swift transfer copy along with your fees reciept.

You can prove your funds with:
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you have transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  • proof of a student/education loan from a bank
  • your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  • proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  • a letter from the person or school giving you money or
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

No worries.. it doesn't matter who paid your fees, where the funds for fees was been made neither the account it was paid from

What matters is for there to be a substantial funds in the account(not a huge once deposit but deposit of intervals) to show that there is sufficient funds to sponsor the studies

Just show your bank account, acceptance letter, and fees receipt. you don't need your friend to get any affidavits or show any evidence for helping you pay the fees

You don't even need bank statement of 1yr but maximum 6months. Stay calm and carry on your processing

Good luck

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
In point 6, it means that you should show an evidence of proof you've paid your tuition fee which you can show your tuition fees receipt issued by the DLI after your payment has been confirmed

Point 7 states that you should show a letter from your sponsor who is sponsoring you studies in Canada which you've to show a sponsor's letter and a swear affidavit as evidence but if you sponsoring yourself, also show a letter of sponsoring self and a swear affidavit

The reasons they asking you to show these documents is to enable them know your source of funds, able to meet with the expenses and other necessities associated with your stay in Canada while you study

Reactions: PARAM-

alwinraj1291

May 5, 2018
Bro - Below is the info given by one of my friend , sad story of his cousin applying Canadian study visa. Again this goes over my head and full of confusion.

"My cousin who is in canada
His visa was rejected for same reason..he had admit frm ryerson

His uncle who was citizen of canada in brampton, paid his fees.

When the guy filed for his visa

His file was rejected on 2 basis

1. The wire transfer record of payment neither matches student's national bank details nor his parents.
2. CiC cannot grant visa to a student who has discrepency in showing the financial records.

In point 6, it means that you should show an evidence of proof you've paid your tuition fee which you can show your tuition fees receipt issued by the DLI after your payment has been confirmed

Point 7 states that you should show a letter from your sponsor who is sponsoring you studies in Canada which you've to show a sponsor's letter and a swear affidavit as evidence but if you sponsoring yourself, also show a letter of sponsoring self and a swear affidavit

The reasons they asking you to show these documents is to enable them know your source of funds, able to meet with the expenses and other necessities associated with your stay in Canada while you study

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Bro - Below is the info given by one of my friend , sad story of his cousin applying Canadian study visa. Again this goes over my head and full of confusion.

"My cousin who is in canada
His visa was rejected for same reason..he had admit frm ryerson

His uncle who was citizen of canada in brampton, paid his fees.

When the guy filed for his visa

His file was rejected on 2 basis

1. The wire transfer record of payment neither matches student's national bank details nor his parents.
2. CiC cannot grant visa to a student who has discrepency in showing the financial records.

What CIC is saying is that the wire transfer was not done by your cousin or your his parents. I assume his uncle was not the declared sponsor?

alwinraj1291

May 5, 2018
Yes..His uncle is not a declared sponsor but he paid his fees and so Vida rejected. In my scenario my friend paid my fees on behalf of me and my friend is not my sponsor only my parents.

But, no where in CIC website it is mention like this. So i was confused.

alwinraj1291

May 5, 2018
Yes..His uncle is not a declared sponsor but he paid his fees and so Vida rejected. In my scenario my friend paid my fees on behalf of me and my friend is not my sponsor only my parents.

What CIC is saying is that the wire transfer was not done by your cousin or your his parents. I assume his uncle was not the declared sponsor?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018

CIC does not mention most things. CIC does not mention you have to submit past transcripts, IELTS. The proof of funds when it comes to bank statement is very vague - for example, how many months should the money still be in the bank account for them to not suspect something? There are many other small items like this.

He could have declared his uncle a sponsor but that would have meant weaker ties to home country. The best way is for the student or the sponsor to pay directly.

Vivicintia

May 6, 2018
Hello,

Please I got admission at the University of British Columbia.
I got an Educational loan (from prodigy finance).
Though the loan loan is not the complete tuition fee,I would like to support and make it up with a sponsors account.

Please is it advisable to use educational loan to apply for study permit?

Or can I only use a sponsor??

Please help I won't like to be refused.

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
i think you can tell visa officer that your fees are paid by your friend in SOP. but only one time he paid, rest are going to paid by your or you parent. its still risky. i mean they are like crazy people, just working to reject people.

Shubh123

Nov 16, 2018
Hi
I got my fees paid through my uncles account, is it fine for getting visa approval? What else i should do while filing my visa so that rejection can be avoided for the same

Shubh123

Nov 16, 2018
Have
Hello Friends,
I have admit to study in a University in Canada for Fall 2018 intake. And I finance myself not taking any loan from bank.
Now, I am in process of Applying Student Visa.

1. For visa I have applied GIC (Paid from my account as that is mandatory)
2. University fees paid receipt. (But, this I paid via my friend living in Canada and he is holding PR status.)

But, now I came to know that even university fee should be paid from either my account or my parents account only as Visa office will check my bank statement for past one year where , it should reflect that amount was deducted for University fees payment.But, as said before my university fees is paid from my friend's account in Canada.
I have transferred him the fees via wire transfer from my home country from my parents account and that record will be their in my bank statement and he paid my fees locally in Canada via Netbanking.

So, how can I handle this situation now , Should ask my friend to give any letter or affidavit that he paid fees on behalf of me ??

Please help me.
Hey
Have you got your approval?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi
I got my fees paid through my uncles account, is it fine for getting visa approval? What else i should do while filing my visa so that rejection can be avoided for the same
Its absolutely fine, just put in place any document that evidently explains your application to the VO