+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Delay

Tarora23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
Hi!
I had to reapply after I got a rejection on 31st July. On 16th August my medical was updated and review of eligibility was started. Why is there such a delay last time my decision came in 25 days but now it’s been 27 days and my classes are from 3rd September. I’m in distress can’t even sleep. Any suggestions? Already contacted the university and they said you should join latest by 17th September and contact professors for delay.
Dont worry, you will be there way before 17th. I am toh not getting an extension for more than a weeek and that too ends on 3rd.

Kwality33

Aug 22, 2019
After getting Bio Metric confirmation letter how long will it take to issue visa . I’m waiting for my study permit for September 2019 batch as well but I’ve not yet received my final decision by CIC
My timeline is:
Application done: 02nd July
Biometrics done: 02nd July
Medical approved: 08th Aug
Biometric corresponding letter: 26/08/19
Till now all it shows that my background check, eligibility and final decision all are underprocess . I'm in deep anxiety . Can anyone suggest app timeframe to know final decision by CIC ? Please help

rikkiwalia

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi!
I had to reapply after I got a rejection on 31st July. On 16th August my medical was updated and review of eligibility was started. Why is there such a delay last time my decision came in 25 days but now it’s been 27 days and my classes are from 3rd September. I’m in distress can’t even sleep. Any suggestions? Already contacted the university and they said you should join latest by 17th September and contact professors for delay.
Hello , from which country you are applying and under sds or non sds?

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hi,

I applied for my Student Visa online under SDS on 22nd July 2019. This was my second attempt. In my first attempt, I was missing an SOP and hence, got rejected.

Today is 22nd of August, a full month to the date I applied. My biometrics were already submitted from day one since I was applying the second time.

The only update I received was on August 1 that I had passed my medical test. After that, there has been no update.

My course starts on the 3rd of Sept 2019 (less than two weeks now) and I still haven't even received a passport request.

Can anyone help me with the same?

Thanks!
Hlo dear
For which college have you applied?

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Yo
I have a similar case. My classes started today but i took a weeks extension. Medical got updated on 12th August. Waiting anxiously for the response.
u take an extension by making a request to college or college given automatically due to delay in visa ??

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hello there,
I’m waiting for my study permit for September 2019 batch as well but I’ve not yet received my visa approval
My timeline is:
Application done: 06 July
Biometrics done: 13 July
Medical approved: 27 july
Biometric corresponding letter: Not Received
Plus my college starts on 3rd September, I am anxious . Is there anyone with the same timeline? Can anyone suggest when would Iget the approval approximately . Plse help

Last edited:
Reactions: VRC

Biggtuff

Aug 22, 2019
After getting Bio Metric confirmation letter how long will it take to issue visa . I’m waiting for my study permit for September 2019 batch as well but I’ve not yet received my final decision by CIC
My timeline is:
Application done: 02nd July
Biometrics done: 02nd July
Medical approved: 08th Aug
Biometric corresponding letter: 26/08/19
Till now all it shows that my background check, eligibility and final decision all are underprocess . I'm in deep anxiety . Can anyone suggest app timeframe to know final decision by CIC ? Please help
I've the same issue with me, please don't worry we expect to hear from them by 30th Fri

Reactions: Hello12_3