Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
10-04-2021
Hello Friends,

My name is Sameer Hooda a 20 years old student from New Delhi, India.
Kindly Review my case and answer the questions.
Your help would be appreciated

> Going to University Of Alberta for Electrical Engineering 4 years Bachelors Program. SEPTEMBER 2012 Instake
> Accepted to University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser, Waterloo, Concordia and University of Calgary too but chosing Alberta because of a cousin living there plus some decent scholarship of 7000$ (5500$ first year)

ACADEMICS
> I complete my 12th Class ( 82%) in May, 2011 and since then i have been just applying to the universities and hence little Gap
> My IELTS Score is 8 with none less than 7.5
> My High School subjects were Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computers, English
> My SAT score is 1900 in Reasoning test

FINANCIALS
> My Parents are going to sponsor me.
> They have around Canadian $ 38,000 in Liquid Assets mostly as Fixed Deposits and some in Savings Bank Accounts for more than 5-6 months
> Tuition Fee of my University is $ 23,000 per year with $5500 Scholarship for first year and hence effective Fees is $17,500
> Therefore according to rules : Tuition Fees+10,000$ Living+$3000 Travel expenses = 37,000$ without scholarship and $30,000 with Scholarship
> They have Fixed Land assets of more than $300,000 ( Legal Ones )
> BUT ONE PROBLEM IS MY DAD IS ABOVE 63 years of AGE and RETIRED FOR LAST 5-6 YEARS, HENCE NO FIXED SALARY SO NO INCOME TAX RETURN. THOUGH TOTAL INCOME TAX RETURN FOR MOM+DAD COMBINED FOR LAST 3 YEARS HAS BEEN Rs.5 lakhs, Rs.5.5 lakhs, Rs.6 lakhs respectively per annum

**** I AM ALSO TAKING A LOAN OF INR 20 lakhs or 40,000$ against property from a Nationalized Bank ****

MEDICAL
> I am a completely fine lad except for Asthma ( Is this a problem ) ???

TIES WITH HOME COUNTRY
> My dream is to become a semi conductors Engineer and one day open my own firm in India
> My Dad is above 63 and mom above 55, they are aged and i love them a lot and surely want to retrn back to them especially to handle my younger brother who will have just finished his 12th.
> My Parents are spending a big sum on me, I surely want to return.
> But i dont have any BIG assets back home, just some small plots worth $300,000 and a small house

MY QUESTIONS

1) How strong is my application ( My study plan is good, I fulfill Financials and Medical Criteria, and my University is top ranked with a good engineering program, Great IELTS score and School record )

2) My VISA Counselor asked to show Income Tax returns of my parents which actually arent that great, but after researching on net i found out they just require sufficient liquid assets which i have. So is the Income Tax return a problem ? If yes how much does it dent my chances considering all of my other points are strong ?

3) Which is more preferred ? SELF FUNDED or LOAN From The bank? Which gives more VISA approval rates or what does Canadian VISA OFFICE prefers more ?

4) Are my TIES to home strong enough ? If not what more should i add ?

5) Is my file good enough to prove that I am going Canada only to study ?

6) Any other TIPS? to boost my application ?

H

HBK

Hi Sameer,

(1) Strong enough

(2) Dont worry about ITR. its not mandetory. (recomanded).

(3) Loan is strong enough to prove financial capacity.V.O would like to see loan.

(4)dont worry about ties. your profile shows the sign of genuine student.

(5) good enough to prove that you are going for study.

tiger007

Champion Member
samsam809 said:
Hello Friends,

My name is Sameer Hooda a 20 years old student from New Delhi, India.
Kindly Review my case and answer the questions.
Your help would be appreciated

> Going to University Of Alberta for Electrical Engineering 4 years Bachelors Program. SEPTEMBER 2012 Instake
> Accepted to University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser, Waterloo, Concordia and University of Calgary too but chosing Alberta because of a cousin living there plus some decent scholarship of 7000$ (5500$ first year)

ACADEMICS
> I complete my 12th Class ( 82%) in May, 2011 and since then i have been just applying to the universities and hence little Gap
> My IELTS Score is 8 with none less than 7.5
> My High School subjects were Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computers, English
> My SAT score is 1900 in Reasoning test

FINANCIALS
> My Parents are going to sponsor me.
> They have around Canadian $ 38,000 in Liquid Assets mostly as Fixed Deposits and some in Savings Bank Accounts for more than 5-6 months
> Tuition Fee of my University is $ 23,000 per year with $5500 Scholarship for first year and hence effective Fees is $17,500
> Therefore according to rules : Tuition Fees+10,000$ Living+$3000 Travel expenses = 37,000$ without scholarship and $30,000 with Scholarship
> They have Fixed Land assets of more than $300,000 ( Legal Ones )
> BUT ONE PROBLEM IS MY DAD IS ABOVE 63 years of AGE and RETIRED FOR LAST 5-6 YEARS, HENCE NO FIXED SALARY SO NO INCOME TAX RETURN. THOUGH TOTAL INCOME TAX RETURN FOR MOM+DAD COMBINED FOR LAST 3 YEARS HAS BEEN Rs.5 lakhs, Rs.5.5 lakhs, Rs.6 lakhs respectively per annum

**** I AM ALSO TAKING A LOAN OF INR 20 lakhs or 40,000$ against property from a Nationalized Bank ****

MEDICAL
> I am a completely fine lad except for Asthma ( Is this a problem ) ???

TIES WITH HOME COUNTRY
> My dream is to become a semi conductors Engineer and one day open my own firm in India
> My Dad is above 63 and mom above 55, they are aged and i love them a lot and surely want to retrn back to them especially to handle my younger brother who will have just finished his 12th.
> My Parents are spending a big sum on me, I surely want to return.
> But i dont have any BIG assets back home, just some small plots worth $300,000 and a small house

MY QUESTIONS

1) How strong is my application ( My study plan is good, I fulfill Financials and Medical Criteria, and my University is top ranked with a good engineering program, Great IELTS score and School record )

2) My VISA Counselor asked to show Income Tax returns of my parents which actually arent that great, but after researching on net i found out they just require sufficient liquid assets which i have. So is the Income Tax return a problem ? If yes how much does it dent my chances considering all of my other points are strong ?

3) Which is more preferred ? SELF FUNDED or LOAN From The bank? Which gives more VISA approval rates or what does Canadian VISA OFFICE prefers more ?

4) Are my TIES to home strong enough ? If not what more should i add ?

5) Is my file good enough to prove that I am going Canada only to study ?

6) Any other TIPS? to boost my application ?
Hi,

I reckon, you had posted this same/similar query some time ago. Don't worry and tense yourself too much. You 've got a solid profile and chances for your visa look strong.
Just stay positive, do all the paperwork/procedures correctly and hope for the best.

samsam809

Feb 11, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
10-04-2021
@@@ASHOK AND TIGER

Thank your very much fellows..

Anyone else to give more guidance ??

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
samsam809 said:
@ @ @ ASHOK AND TIGER

Thank your very much fellows..

Anyone else to give more guidance ??
Most likely, you will get your visa. But always in life, have a plan B :)

Good luck!

faithworks

Oct 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If ur parents are retired who will be paying for the interest on the principal amount that you have loaned from the bank? if you can effectively demonstrate that, that will make ur case even stronger.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faithworks said:
If ur parents are retired who will be paying for the interest on the principal amount that you have loaned from the bank? if you can effectively demonstrate that, that will make ur case even stronger.
Hi,

1. It doesn't matter. It's for bank to decide/consider OP's ability to pay back a sanctioned loan of Rs. 20 lacs. CHC is interested only in a certified loan. OP's profile is very strong and I do not see any probable reason/s for his visa refusal.

pz.naseri

May 20, 2015
Hi guys,
my friend got admission for master program at u of Alberta. He won't recienve any financial support from university. now he wants to apply for visa and he needs to know what will increase his chance to get study permit here.
what kinda proof of financial support is better. is the money should stay in his bank account during the whole visa procedure ?
Thanks