+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa cancellation

Rasheedakhtar

Sep 7, 2019
You dont need to cancel visa, you need to get a withdraw notice from your school then you go to your bank where gic is and tell them you need to close the account then when you go home you make a refund request. Just google.
You dont need anything at airport to exit Canada just your passport.
Bro are you confirm about it that I dont need any Visa cancle or cancle my study permit while departing from Canada.

Sep 1, 2020
Iam Akhil Preetham from India and got a student visa stamped prior to march 18 2020, due to covid 19 corona virus pandemic, I've decided to cancel my visa and get my GIC refund back. I've already got my application withdrawn from my University. Please, provide me with the procedure to cancel my student study permit visa.

AshuGarg

Jan 19, 2021
My Canada study visa is valid till 31st Mar'2021 and I haven't travelled yet. I have withdrawn from my course due to personal reason and need to apply for GIC refund but the bank is asking for Visa cancellation letter.
Can anybody please help me on the process to get visa cancellation letter or how to cancel the Visa.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you know an embassy provessed your visa you could also try emailing them. Another issue is the visa might be cancelled but you might not get any letter.

AshuGarg

Jan 19, 2021
If you know an embassy provessed your visa you could also try emailing them. Another issue is the visa might be cancelled but you might not get any letter.
Thanks Bongoman !

Is it sure that Visa will be cancelled if I raise a web form or send a mail to them ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Bongoman !

Is it sure that Visa will be cancelled if I raise a web form or send a mail to them ?
No, it's not sure.

AshuGarg

Jan 19, 2021
No, it's not sure.
Then how can we get the GIC refund ??

My visa will expire by 31st Mar'21 and I have not travelled to Canada yet and I have also withdrawn from my course where I got confirmation from college as well about the same.

Please guide me on this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Then how can we get the GIC refund ??

My visa will expire by 31st Mar'21 and I have not travelled to Canada yet and I have also withdrawn from my course where I got confirmation from college as well about the same.

Please guide me on this.
Read through this thread. Bongoman answered this question on the previous page. You need a withdrawal notice from your school.

AshuGarg

Jan 19, 2021
Read through this thread. Bongoman answered this question on the previous page. You need a withdrawal notice from your school.
Yes, I have gone through the chain and as I see that was in case of returning students whereas I have not travelled yet.
So, how can we proceed in my case ?

Daksh Khanna

Feb 23, 2021
Yes, I have gone through the chain and as I see that was in case of returning students whereas I have not travelled yet.
So, how can we proceed in my case ?
I'm in same situation as yours and I may too not travel to Canada. How you proceeded with getting the GIC refund?

AshuGarg

Jan 19, 2021
I'm in same situation as yours and I may too not travel to Canada. How you proceeded with getting the GIC refund?
I checked with VFS as well and they asked me to drop an email to Canadian embassy about cancelling the Visa, I had done the same but didn't got any response yet. Further, I checked with my bank stating that my visa expires on 31st Mar'21 and till that time if I am not able to get the visa cancelled letter, what needs to be done. The bank said that in such a case, I can upload the expired visa copy after expiry date along with a letter directing that I will not travel to Canada.
Therefore, waiting to get a response from embassy or visa to get expired.

Daksh Khanna

Feb 23, 2021
I checked with VFS as well and they asked me to drop an email to Canadian embassy about cancelling the Visa, I had done the same but didn't got any response yet. Further, I checked with my bank stating that my visa expires on 31st Mar'21 and till that time if I am not able to get the visa cancelled letter, what needs to be done. The bank said that in such a case, I can upload the expired visa copy after expiry date along with a letter directing that I will not travel to Canada.
Therefore, waiting to get a response from embassy or visa to get expired.
Can you please share the email address of the department you sent mail to.

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
My wife was going to be a student, but changed her mind. The school only refunded for study permit denial. We requested a study permit (at the border, US Citizens), and asked for it to be denied. The officer thought it was silly but did it for us.