+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa cancellation

hafiz.ali

Sep 16, 2011
Hi

I received my student visa permit for a college in canada . but due to personal reasons i do not want to go to canada. i havent landed in Canada yet . Is there any way i can cancel my study permit and get the college fees refunded ? i paid around 6000 cad as college fees . i stay in Qatar , and my visa was processed from UAE. Please help me in this matter .

help appreciated ....

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is highly inlikely you will be able to obtain a refund. Most schools (virtually all of them that I am personally familiar with) will issue a prepaid tuition/fee refund (minus a small administrative fee) only if the student's Study Permit application is turned down. When a Study Permit application is denied, a letter to that effect is issued. In order to obtain a refund, a copy of this letter must be submitted to the school along with the refund request. In your case, you have voluntarily changed your mind despite having received your permit/visa.

It's possible that some schools might offer a refund if a significant enough legitimate reason exists for a last-minute change of heart by a student due to extenuating circumstances. For example, a sudden death in the immediate family or an auto accident resulting in significant injuries making travel/school impossible might be reasons why a school would offer a full or partial refund. However this is purely speculation on my part, and I imagine that in such a case a school would evaluate refund requests on a case-by-case basis. Documentation supporting such a request would also certainly be required.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

hafiz.ali

Sep 16, 2011
Hi
thanks for the reply . is there any way i can first get the visa cancelled by the embassy and then apply for a refund ?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
That will not effect anything on College's decision. So try to get refund from College without cancelling visa. If you have GENUINE reason than they MIGHT consider it, BUT you have to check if refund / last day of refund is not passed

hafiz.ali

Sep 16, 2011
Well ... I have been accepted into a university ie not in canada. so i was wonderin if this would be a genuine reason ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hafiz.ali said:
Hi
thanks for the reply . is there any way i can first get the visa cancelled by the embassy and then apply for a refund ?
No, they won't cancel it. They will tell you that if you don't use it by the expiry date, it expires.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
hafiz.ali said:
Well ... I have been accepted into a university ie not in canada. so i was wonderin if this would be a genuine reason ?
I don't think it's genuine. It looks like a very LAME excuse..

Skboddapati

Mar 3, 2018
I want to know the process of cancellation of Student VISA from India. I have returned back to india due to personal reasons and had withdrawn my application of study ( i have just got a mail as a proof ). Now i would like to know the process of applying a cancellation for student permit in order to apply a refund for GIC from ICICI Bank Canada. Can anyone please help

Gundeep44

Aug 4, 2018
Hi

I had applied for a Canadian student visa early in Feb 2018 and got an approval of my visa as well. I went there for my studies but due to some family reasons I had to return to India and when I came back I even cancelled my study permit in order to get my GIC refund back into my bank account, now that my family problem has resolved can I re apply for a Canadian student visa and again resume my studies from a different college?

Appreciate your quick response.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi

I had applied for a Canadian student visa early in Feb 2018 and got an approval of my visa as well. I went there for my studies but due to some family reasons I had to return to India and when I came back I even cancelled my study permit in order to get my GIC refund back into my bank account, now that my family problem has resolved can I re apply for a Canadian student visa and again resume my studies from a different college?

Sure, just apply again same way you did before.

Shaunn1

Sep 5, 2018
Hi

Wat is the process of

Rasheedakhtar

Sep 7, 2019
Hi

Bro I too going back to India on 23 sep 2019. My college has been approved. I need to enquire where I cam get my study Visa as well as permit get cancelled to get my gic refund. I need help please WhatsApp me on +12267929108. And what documents are required at airport while going back. I have less time. Please reply me on what's app.
Thanks bro

Rasheedakhtar

Sep 7, 2019
Hi

Hello bro
I want to cancle my study permit S well as Visa. I need some info regarding do u need to cancle it before going back to India or I can cancle the visa after reaching India. And apply for gic refund. Please help me. My grandmother is in critical condition. Ping me on what's AAP please 12267929108

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Bro I too going back to India on 23 sep 2019. My college has been approved. I need to enquire where I cam get my study Visa as well as permit get cancelled to get my gic refund. I need help please WhatsApp me on +12267929108. And what documents are required at airport while going back. I have less time. Please reply me on what's app.
Thanks bro
You dont need to cancel visa, you need to get a withdraw notice from your school then you go to your bank where gic is and tell them you need to close the account then when you go home you make a refund request. Just google.
You dont need anything at airport to exit Canada just your passport.