+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa approved but..

malumarinhoo

Jan 28, 2020
Hey guys, so after 7 months my visa was finally approved.
I applied in February for May Intake - a little bit before corona arrived. Today I received the approval but they gave me only until November this year and my 2 year college starts next month.

Does anyone know what Im supposed to do? Should I sent a webform or apply for extension? Or Am I supposed to try and go to the board and talk with an agent?

This is soooooooo frustrating, Jesus!

MyHero

May 16, 2020
I applied in February for May Intake - a little bit before corona arrived. Today I received the approval but they gave me only until November this year and my 2 year college starts next month.

Does anyone know what Im supposed to do? Should I sent a webform or apply for extension? Or Am I supposed to try and go to the board and talk with an agent?

Can you please provide details? Is it an approval in principle or the study permit? Did you provide them your Letter of acceptance? And what country did you apply? Paper or online? Sds or non sds?

This can really be a helpful information for many prospective students here. Thank you

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020

Provide details like you application date, country from where you applied, SDS/Non_SDS, Duration of course etc

MyHero

May 16, 2020

Can you also show your letter? That way we can be of an assist to you. Of course hide all private details.

malumarinhoo

Jan 28, 2020
Sorry for the delay guys. Apparently my college wrote the wrong date in the LOA and nobody saw besides the IRCC. My course is a 2 years one and despite this be written in the letter, it was saying that my course was supposed to finish in August 2020 instead of 2022. Thats why they gave me until November this year.

My timeline is:
Applied FEB 13 online inside canada with all documents.
Ghosted until August 10 when I got the approval.

Reactions: amsanae

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Sorry for the delay guys. Apparently my college wrote the wrong date in the LOA and nobody saw besides the IRCC. My course is a 2 years one and despite this be written in the letter, it was saying that my course was supposed to finish in August 2020 instead of 2022. Thats why they gave me until November this year.

My timeline is:
Applied FEB 13 online inside canada with all documents.
Ghosted until August 10 when I got the approval.
Why are you having problem if you’re already in canada? What visa do you have back then when you applied for the study permit? Just curious

malumarinhoo

Jan 28, 2020
Why are you having problem if you’re already in canada? What visa do you have back then when you applied for the study permit? Just curious
I arrived in November to do Pathway + college. I had a visitor visa before applying, as I said before, my problem is just because Centennial gave me a LOA with one of the dates mistaken.